Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I can't train for three weeks

:mad:

I have a proceedure this week to resolve some cartillage blocking one of my nostrils (probably from a knock at some point). It involves cutting and cauterising with high frequency electro heat, sounds nice doesn't it?

The real bummer is that it will be very suceptable to bleeding for a few days while the internal stitches heal and even after they don't want me heavily excerting for three weeks!!! the risk is if you begin to bleed bad it won't stop and you need to then go back in.

Anyone else had anything like this?

On the plus side, six weeks after its done I should be able to breath far more easily through my nose and won't snore as bad:P

Well it sucks you can't train, but at least you'll be able to breath.

Comment

damn, good luck with that bro. i would kill me to sit that long. knock on wood ive never had a injury that has put me down for longer than a couple days. keep us posted

Comment

What kind of doctor did you go to for this work? An ENT?

Comment

Originally posted by toolwtf View Post
          What kind of doctor did you go to for this work? An ENT?
          Exactly an ENT consultant, its a deviated septum procedure (septoplasty) and ...diathermy

Comment

sucks bro, never heard of that before. so you have a hard time breathing or what?

Comment

Don't have trouble breathing per se because I just use my mout more but just have restricted breathing through one nostril that has become more noticeable with time. Had the op this morning and have some splints left in there so I have to go back in a week to have them out. Its pretty swollen in there right now but I'm glad its done, in a few weeks I should be able to breath much easier through the nose.

Its actually more common than people think but it tends to be so gradual many people don't notice

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                Don't have trouble breathing per se because I just use my mout more but just have restricted breathing through one nostril that has become more noticeable with time. Had the op this morning and have some splints left in there so I have to go back in a week to have them out. Its pretty swollen in there right now but I'm glad its done, in a few weeks I should be able to breath much easier through the nose.

Its actually more common than people think but it tends to be so gradual many people don't notice
                yea, i cant really breath for shit out of my nose. been broke a few times. i have to breath threw my mouth at the gym etc..

Comment

My dad had one and I went to an ENT a couple years back and he said I have one as well. My dad had the surgery and it didn't make any improvements, so when the doc told me I should get it I am very hesitant.

Let me know how the outcome is in a couple weeks. Want to see if it was just a fluke thing for my father. I figure it was.

Comment

sure Timma I'll let you know but I have been told it can take up to six weeks for the sewlling to completely go

Comment

so I'm off work recovering and I get a knock at the door, thought it would be a double glazing sales but to my suprise its a box being delivered. Inside there';s a ful hamper of fruit bananas, green and red grape, kiwi, green and red apple, dates, plums and some weird fruits I haven't seen before.

Cool!, turns out its from the mother in law, should keep me busy for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                        so I'm off work recovering and I get a knock at the door, thought it would be a double glazing sales but to my suprise its a box being delivered. Inside there';s a ful hamper of fruit
                        so you got a visit from rado and timma huh?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                          where is that fruitcake these days:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            Listen if I visit someone like that I jump out of a cake.

Yeah where is the lazy mexican lately?

Comment

WTF, I just puled out some fruit and I can't figure out what the hell it is; its green, about fist size, shiney texture, looks like a star shape from the top the when you turn it its like a series of pods, almost like pea pods but all attached in the middle. I don't think I should just bite into it, it loks like it should be cut into
                              anyone any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X