Velashape or SmartLipo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velashape or SmartLipo?

So, after doing some preliminary research on these 2 procedures, what do you guys think? Here are the pro's & cons.

Velashape:

This is basically a topical procedure/vaccuum type deep tissue massage to help the appearance of cellulite. No down time, non invasive procedure. I'm just not sure how long the results actually last. Results are usually seen about 2-4 weeks after treatments. Usual cost is around $1500-$2000 treatments...I think the treatment time is about an hour.

SmartLipo:

This is a somewhat invasive procedure that uses lasers to "dissolve the fat" and have it safely absorbed into the body. Down time looks to be about 2 days, and there are some side effects. AND- you are on local anesthetic. Results may take up to 4 months. Usual cost is around $4000-$5000.

I think I may do the Velashape. It seems to be good for people who maintain a healthier lifestyle, and can't seem to get rid of trouble spots. In all honesty, I'm wondering why anyone would even do Smartlipo when you can do Velashape. If you are already going to fork over the $5k for Smart Lipo, why not just go balls to the wall and go the plastic surgeon?? Seems to me the only real difference is general anesthesia vs. local, and more down time.

How many treatments does the Velashape require?

I *think* I saw some show about the Smartlipo and it was SCARY. Isn't the one that you DON'T have to be "certified" to do or something weird?

Comment

i like diet and training procedure. :P

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
        How many treatments does the Velashape require?

I *think* I saw some show about the Smartlipo and it was SCARY. Isn't the one that you DON'T have to be "certified" to do or something weird?
        The Velashape is 4-6 treatments. I just don't know how long the results last. It really just seems like the safer alernative to really improve the surface of your skin in your problem areas.

One of my mom's friends got the SmartLipo, and it didn't even work! The places that I have seen it advertised "say" their in-house doctor does the procedure..But who knows-

Comment

i know someone who had smart lipo done, by a plastic surgeon. I have to say the results are great. He was overweight for a few years, and got back in shape, but couldn't knock off the lower part of his stomach. Looked weird. But he got smart lipo done, and looks much better. The skin tightened dramtically, and its only been about 3 weeks i think. I'll ask him later how long he was down for

Comment

He said it was worht the money. JUst got off the phone with him. HE said there was no down time. He had it done on monday, and was back at work the next day. Prescribbed him painkillers, didn't take any. Said there was some bruising, but it was gone in about a week. He said the thing he didn't like, was that he had to wear an ace bandage type thing for ten days. Said he would recoomend it to anyone.

Comment

Working...
            X