Low testosterone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low testosterone?

I never much thought of it in the past. I mean I have always gone through little down phases with how I feel. But it is gotten pretty bad. My libido is at an all time low, and has been for a month or two. I am constantly tired and lazy, even though I still force myself to get out and do the shit I have to do. I.e. gym, work, etc. Problem is, since I'm only a temp right now, I don't have health insurance until my permanenet job starts. If it doesnt get any better in a few weeks, I'm just going to pay full price for the doctor's visit. Its just not normal for a 22 year old to have a complete loss of sex drive for weeks or months. I am not on any supps at all that would do this. Only whey, Multivitamin, and fish oil. Oh and I am irritable as shit all the time too, like a PMSing bitch, and it pisses me off that I get pissed off so much.

Anyway, we'll see what happens but anyone had experience with low test??

It does seem odd at your age and having never used steroids or even many supps that you feel this way.

Do you smoke weed on a regular basis? Alcohol? I know use of these 2 substances on a regular basis has been shown to lower test levels and raise estrogen levels.

Comment

Havent smoked weed in about 3 years. Even with that I've probably done it less than 10 times in my whole life. I have one or two drinks maybe once a month. I had a glass of wine with dinner last night and that was the first alcohol I've had for about a month. Defintalely not even a casual user of either. :dunno:

Comment

r u under a lot of stress?

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
          r u under a lot of stress?
          Not particularly. In fact I am probably under less stress the last month and a half because I got graduation out of the way. I'm still trying to figure out what else it would be.

Comment

really the only way to solve this is to see if in fact you really do have low T levels. the only way to do that of course is blood work. i personally would consider it if you can afford it.

Comment

I definately am considering it. I'm calling the doc tommorrow to see how much it would cost.

Comment

Hey, aren't you trying to lose fat on a cutting diet. That could cause most of your problems. And also cause low test. When I go for lab work for my HRT I fast and don't get much sleep both of those things will cause low test levels and make you feel like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
                  Hey, aren't you trying to lose fat on a cutting diet. That could cause most of your problems. And also cause low test. When I go for lab work for my HRT I fast and don't get much sleep both of those things will cause low test levels and make you feel like crap.
                  Yeah but the sex drive problems started before I started the cutting diet. But I'm sure it might be contributing. I'm calling the doctor today or tommorrow just to ask someone what the procedure entails and how much it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
                    Hey, aren't you trying to lose fat on a cutting diet. That could cause most of your problems. And also cause low test.
                    that is really not correct. sure, malnutrition could cause problems but that is not the case. he is feeding his body enough calories to keep all functions running correctly.

as a matter of fact, just the opposite is true. diets high in fats and sugars have been show to lower test levels.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                      I definately am considering it. I'm calling the doc tommorrow to see how much it would cost.
                      well?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        well?
                        Hadnt called the doc yet, things are getting a bit better with the libido, but the energy isnt all back yet. I'm hoping like hell that I was just in a little slump. I've also been fiddling with my diet and drinking a little more water which seems to be helping a bit.

Comment

You know now that I reread this thread it could be a thyroid problem is there any family history any of your blood relatives take thyroid? Just a thought.

Comment

How do you know it's low test? Have you been tested before?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981 View Post
                              How do you know it's low test? Have you been tested before?
                              I don't know what it is. In the OP I was just asking if it could be. I have never been tested before though. I know I should, but I am trying to put it off until my job starts and I have health insurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X