Cipralex/escitalopram - has anyone used it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cipralex/escitalopram - has anyone used it

A buddy of mine always has problems sleeping and his doc has prescribed these puppies. Has anyone used them and are they addictive? his doc thinks he has anxiety and getting any more than 3 hrs is rare for him.

Any help greatly appreciated:)

Anxiety can definitely kill sleep patterns - anyone have ANYTHING to add to this??

Comment

Its a depression med so I doubt it has the same addictive properties as a "sleep drug" so to speak. I would however think twice about going on an SSRI (selective serotonin re uptake inhibitor) simply for sleep issues. I personally would be pissed off if I went to the doc because I cant sleep and he puts me on depression meds...

Lots More Info:
      Escitalopram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

his doc thinks his sleep probs are anxiety related, he just wants to sleep better and does have a busy lifestyle but can't stop that, bills to pay.

Do you guys know of any alternatives, is valerian any good or melotonin

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
          his doc thinks his sleep probs are anxiety related, he just wants to sleep better and does have a busy lifestyle but can't stop that, bills to pay.

Do you guys know of any alternatives, is valerian any good or melotonin
          i understand the anxiety part. my point though is that the drug his doc prescribed changes brain chemistry. its serous stuff and i don't think doctors are very clear in what the are prescribing.

Comment

Working...
          X