Acutane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acutane?

I read all the posts on here and founds some serious pros and cons. I never had acne in my teens years, but when i was 20 and started working out all of a sudden my acne went out of control now that im 23 and tried about every other medication in the book and nothing works, I figure I might try this stuff, It seems like poison for your body but if it works I feel the positives will out-weight the risks, I figure during the winter would be the best time to use it except fopr the chap lips part and bloody noses I get those bad enough.

Basically lets have everyone that tried it weigh in.

i was on accutane for 5 months. it's a potent drug, but it's the only thing i've used that takes care of acne. i have tried many things as well. personally, i would prefer using in summer because it dries the shit out of your face, and i have sensitive skin to begin with. i don't know where your from but my skin gets very dry in winter. make sure you also get your blood checked every month for liver damage.

if you hate acne as much as i do, than you'll be able to with stand the burning and redness it causes. doesn't look pretty with a high enough dose but definitely pays off.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by casby View Post
      i was on accutane for 5 months. it's a potent drug, but it's the only thing i've used that takes care of acne. i have tried many things as well. personally, i would prefer using in summer because it dries the shit out of your face, and i have sensitive skin to begin with. i don't know where your from but my skin gets very dry in winter. make sure you also get your blood checked every month for liver damage.

if you hate acne as much as i do, than you'll be able to with stand the burning and redness it causes. doesn't look pretty with a high enough dose but definitely pays off.

good luck
      Have your results been permanent, even while off?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
        Have your results been permanent, even while off?
        in my case, nothing is going to keep acne away PERMANENTLY. a lot of my relatives have bad acne/scarring etc. a lot of them have also used accutane. everyone i know that has used accutane, from mild to severe cases, their acne has cleared up completely.
        now if you have lots of scarring, accutane won't do anything for that, but the redness and pimples will go away.
        i've been off for almost a year now, and i'm starting to get some pimples now. (like 4 on my forehead) i think due to sweating than wearing a toque. but that's mainly my problem. i got lazy and quit using face wash like i was suppose to.

but in konitz case, it doesn't sound genetic for him, so i think if he goes on accutane, he'll get minimal breakouts, if any once he comes off.

Comment

Yeah my neighbor used it and his faced cleared up never got acne again, then a friend from school had to use it three times over a three year period (his liver must be cast-iron) lol and it finally cleaned him all up. I figure I will get prescirbed it this summer cuz I get bloody noses all the time in winter, and with goin snowmobiling and the cold wind my lips would prolly crack up and fall off.

Comment

what doses where you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
              my lips would prolly crack up and fall off.
              probably will lol. they definitely will get dry. i was going through a tube of lipsyl every 3 days. i remember days when i forgot to bring some with me, and i thought my life was going to end. so i learned to buy a couple at a time and keep some extra everywhere i know i'll be haha.

Originally posted by redback View Post
              what doses where you using?
              40mg's a day in the morning.
              i've heard people say 1mg accutane/1kg body weight. IMO, that's too hard on the liver. 40mg's did the job for me and i'm 215lbs or 98kgs.

Comment

Working...
              X