Asthma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asthma

I was just diagnosed with probable asthma. I'm pretty flabbergasted with this, because I never knew you could just "get" asthma at any time? I thought it was basically something you were born with, or exercise-induced, etc.

Someone brought up clen and ephedrine, and if it could have led to cause of this. I've haven't used either in great quantities, but it did make me wonder.

Thoughts? Probably just a coincidence?

How long have you been having asthma type symptoms that made you go to the doc? Did they all of the sudden start or did it come on slowly?

Comment

I have had a cough for almost a year. In February I was really sick (not just a cough), went to the doctor and was just given cough syrup with codeine for the cough. I went again in July (sick again but also mentioned the cough) and was given some other type of cough syrup. I went again last week (sick again, but mentioned the cough because these were 3 different doctors I saw) and she is the one who diagnosed it. She checked my peak flow levels as well, and they were low.

So in short, it definitely wasn't sudden.

Comment

so before last year though you never noticed the cough?

was it a year ago or somewhere close that you ran clen or ephedrine?

just trying to get a picture of what may have contributed.

moving to a different area may have also contributed. some kind of allergen that you are not used too.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          so before last year though you never noticed the cough?

was it a year ago or somewhere close that you ran clen or ephedrine?

just trying to get a picture of what may have contributed.

moving to a different area may have also contributed. some kind of allergen that you are not used too.

I did notice the cough, but I didn't really keep note of how often/consistent it was until this year. I haven't used clen since probably August 2007.

She said it most likely wouldn't be allergies because I don't have any other symptoms of allergies, and the moving didn't change anything. I had the cough in VA, moved to FL, and it stayed the entire time.

Comment

i dunno, i guess the only thing to do is try the medicine she gives you and see if it works. what did the doc prescribe?

Comment

i dunno, i guess the only thing to do is try the medicine she gives you and see if it works. what did the doc prescribe?

Basically what she said. She gave me an inhaler and said that if it works, then that's what it is. If it wasn't asthma, and it was allergies or whatever else, then it wouldn't help. It's worth a try to me, nothing else has worked. :wacko:

Comment

you will know as soon as you try it i would think. soon as the cough comes use it and see.

i know tren gives gave me a cough/weeze type thing. its definitly not beyond reason that "bodybuilding drugs" can cause cough.

Comment

you will know as soon as you try it i would think. soon as the cough comes use it and see.

i know tren gives gave me a cough/weeze type thing. its definitly not beyond reason that "bodybuilding drugs" can cause cough.
                  wasn't clen ment to help w/asthma ? Just like albuteral etc ?

Comment

FB is this cough you have a constant one?

I have had a cough for about the past 15 years. It's very intermittent, but annoying. Many times it will occur when I get up in the morning, or at times when I am hungry or a bit dehydrated. I had a doctor once try to tell me it was asthma. Every doctor since has told me it is allergies. I honestly don't think it is either and definitely not asthma.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma View Post
                      FB is this cough you have a constant one?

I have had a cough for about the past 15 years. It's very intermittent, but annoying. Many times it will occur when I get up in the morning, or at times when I am hungry or a bit dehydrated. I had a doctor once try to tell me it was asthma. Every doctor since has told me it is allergies. I honestly don't think it is either and definitely not asthma.

Why do you think it's "definitely not asthma"? If it's allergies, the inhaler won't work, plain and simple. If it's asthma, you are scarring your lungs.

Comment

I've been taking benadryl at night cuz my allergies have been brutal - but the coughing still keeps going , mornings I wake up coughing constantly till I get like 24oz of water in me, at night i don't know it's just a crapshoot lol - it's just another thing to add to the doc list.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                          I don't think clen/ephedra would induce that. I've done both for yrs and I don't have that. Hope you get better and I would lay off the Hookah Pookah bars for a bit hun;)

This thread is from last year, I've already resolved my issue. :)

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                            This thread is from last year, I've already resolved my issue. :)
                            Was it asthma?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                              Why do you think it's "definitely not asthma"? If it's allergies, the inhaler won't work, plain and simple. If it's asthma, you are scarring your lungs.
                              For me it's definitely not asthma. I don't ever have trouble breathing and it doesn't happen all the time.

And why the hell did someone bump this damn thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X