Getting testosterone level checked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting testosterone level checked...

Ok so my insurance kicked in, and over the past year I have up and down symptoms of low testosterone. Sex drive is up and down in phases. But the down phases are way too long. My energy has gotten better, but I have no adrenaline it seems like. Even in the most extreme situations where I should have an adrenaline rush. My strength has dramatically decreased in the past year, and my diet is pretty much as clean as it ever was.

My question is, how do I go about getting my bloodwork done? Do I just call up and make an apointment for a testosterone check? Or is there other bloodwork that I need done too??

call the doc and say you want a complete bloodwork done and you would also like your test levels checked.

Comment

Make sure that your doctor realizes that your total testosterone level is not indicative of your free testosterone level. Only free(unbound) testosterone is
      used within the body. Some individuals have high total test levels while their free test levels are low. In this case TRT is required.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
        Yep/\

And tell them you also want a lipid profile done.
        And what will this do and tell me? (or is it just something the doctor will tell me if the results are bad)

Originally posted by liftsiron View Post
        Make sure that your doctor realizes that your total testosterone level is not indicative of your free testosterone level. Only free(unbound) testosterone is
        used within the body. Some individuals have high total test levels while their free test levels are low. In this case TRT is required.

thanks man ill be sure to mention that to make sure i'll be getting the right results...

Comment

also if you wanna ...have a copy sent to patient.

i like keeping records of all my blood work

Comment

HI there
            My doctor is also making me get my testosterone checked. However he's making me do it because the thinks that the Rogaine is bad for me. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by gsmilie View Post
              HI there
              My doctor is also making me get my testosterone checked. However he's making me do it because the thinks that the Rogaine is bad for me. Any advice?
              Yes get another doctor, one that specializes in the endocrine (hormone) system.

Comment

thanks however the dermotologist is the one who is giving me the prescription. I havent gone for the testosterone test yet however I have a couple of months before I have to go back to fill the prescription. got any advice on that? getting a prescription for propecia is not that easy for some reason

Comment

Working...
                X