Belly button pain (Hernia?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belly button pain (Hernia?)

So as I was doing a google search, I believe i have a hernia in my navel area.

My belly button is extremely sore, and hurts when i sit, ly down a certain way, do ab workouts, wear a belt, and when i am washing my stomach in the shower.

My navel feels weird, I think it is swollen a little. Some areas of the skin feel different. It is also very sensitive to touch, and I feel i have a small knot or ball under the skin.

I think i got this hernia on monday after doing my push day. Anyone ever have this? What can I do to make it heal faster?

I am kind of hesitant for friday when i do leg day. I don't want mess anything up.

hmm, best to go see a doc asap bro. things like that can get worse and even dangerous. not trying to scare you but dont just brush it off either. might be a good idea not to go to gym until you see doc first. dont want to put any more pressure on that area.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      hmm, best to go see a doc asap bro. things like that can get worse and even dangerous. not trying to scare you but dont just brush it off either. might be a good idea not to go to gym until you see doc first. dont want to put any more pressure on that area.
      Ya i understand where you are coming from man. It was really bad last night during the transformers movie, I kept wiggling and changing positions to be comfy.

I managed to successfully complete pull day today. Lifted a tad bit heavier on back and it felt good, no pain at all until i did 1 sit up. Than i was like FUCK THAT, and went to bi's.

This morning i slept in until noon, and i felt the pain subsidize, but a few hours later it hurt.

Appreciate your concern man, I will see what happens tomorrow, and if its worse going Friday to the doctor and getting it looked at

Comment

Better get that looked out. If in fact your intenstine has tore through your abdominal lining it could become strangulated, then you will be six feet under. Do not wanna make you nervous, just want to express the seriousness of a hernia such as this. The 20 bucks or watever is worth getting it checked out before you tear it worse or you kink up your guts.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
          Better get that looked out. If in fact your intenstine has tore through your abdominal lining it could become strangulated, then you will be six feet under. Do not wanna make you nervous, just want to express the seriousness of a hernia such as this. The 20 bucks or watever is worth getting it checked out before you tear it worse or you kink up your guts.

Yup i read about that online. Thats with severe hernia's though. People feel nausea, can't eat that much, always in pain, tired.

You and bouncer are 100% right about getting it checked out. Today the pain went down, and it is feeling better than the past few days. Regardless it will be checked out.

Thanks for your responses

Comment

So I called my doctor this morning, he said if you come here we can't to do much and we will send you to the ER. So best thing he said is goto the ER ASAP and get a bunch of tests done to determine what's happening.

My mom and brother are going with me to the hospital. Never been to the ER my whole life, kind of nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post

My mom and brother are going with me to the hospital. Never been to the ER my whole life, kind of nervous.
              i been there, very scary place. :hibb:

you are most likely pregnant.

Comment

If you are experiencing intense, sharp pain with tenderness around your belly button, or navel, you need to seek medical attention immediately and be evaluated for appendicitis.

Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix. Once it starts, it is considered a medical emergency. And if your navel pain and tenderness istreated promptly, you have great odds for recovery without difficulty.

However, if you delay treatment, your appendix can burst which may cause an infection or in some cases death. Anyone can get appendicitis, but most often occurs in those between the age of 10 and 30.

Comment

Haha... Thanks bouncer. It's not appendix. Had a PA look at it. She said it's a hernia and I need a CT scan and possible surgery. This sucks, I skipped leg day for this crap. I wanna get home and relax

Comment

Haha... Thanks bouncer. It's not appendix. Had a PA look at it. She said it's a hernia and I need a CT scan and possible surgery. This sucks, I skipped leg day for this crap. I wanna get home and relax
                    when they gonna do ct scan? get it done soon.

Comment

Like I had a RN check me out and get my vitals. Than the PA saw me and determined I have a hernia and she said they need to do a CT scan. So I am waiting for that. Bored outta my mind

Comment

Like I had a RN check me out and get my vitals. Than the PA saw me and determined I have a hernia and she said they need to do a CT scan. So I am waiting for that. Bored outta my mind
                        oh, you posting from hospital now? they gonna shoot die in your vein to see hernia better. your veins will feel real warm. its fun. :D

Comment

oh, you posting from hospital now? they gonna shoot die in your vein to see hernia better. your veins will feel real warm. its fun. :D
                          You mean dy? Oh man that sounds fun. Yup I am on my itouch posting away at the hospital. I am just sitting in the reception center awaiting a ct scan.

Comment

You mean dy? Oh man that sounds fun. Yup I am on my itouch posting away at the hospital. I am just sitting in the reception center awaiting a ct scan.
                            yea, dy, or you might die. :D

Comment

yea, dy, or you might die. :D
                              Oh man that would suck. Kinda don't wanna die man, too young. So I have an iv lead sticking out of my arm, and I drank this liquid down. Gonna get another liquid drink soon than off to the ct scan

Comment

Working...
                              X