Laser hair removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser hair removal.

Has anyone tried it? Had success? I am also looking to find out what you paid, if you don't mind sharing.

a family friend got it done. her whole body cost about $10,000 (arms, legs, bikini, underarms, basically anywhere with hair) and it is a 2-year treatment. she said she had to go for a 3 month/once a month for the beginning and then after that, the hair should be gone on it's own. if not, that $10,000 covers any "maintenance" treatments for the next 2-years. she said it took about 5-6 total but that is normal for people with darker hair. the good thing about her treatment was that she could go to any American Laser Center (i think that's the name) all over the country and do it as long as previous appointments were made at the desired location. but this was like 3ish years ago so i would read up on the pricing and contract details but i think that's the gist of it.

she also said there was pain. she mentioned it feeling like hot needles poking your skin but the feeling subsided after a few seconds. but you can request a prescription numbing cream (which i jokingly used to see if it worked and it does).

on a personal note, i heard if you have really thick, coarse hair (like facial hair for men) or black hair it could either take many treatments to show results or you might get temporary results and then have the hair grow back again. also, if you have naturally tan skin such as middle easterners and greeks, then you want to check with your dermatologist because you might end up burning the deeper layers of skin which could lead to really bad acne for the few months to follow.

Comment

Working...
    X