Had to perform my own little operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to perform my own little operation

Ever have an ingrown toenail? Never had one before but I think from limping for so long I put pressure on my foot funny and my big toe-toenail got all messed up. Today I couldn't take it ne more my toe was swollen and hurt to walk. I had to cut out the ingrown part, hurt a good deal, but better than having to go to the doctor. It had grown like a quarter inch into my toe. Lesson; never get and ingrown toe nail.

ya had them before. Did you squeeze all the puss out? awesome!

Comment

Just be careful when you cut it becuase you can leave a sharp edge that will continue to irritate it. If you find it's still not healing, probably should do this anyways, pack a bunch of cotton under the nail and change it 3 times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
        ya had them before. Did you squeeze all the puss out? awesome!
        That was some nasty stuff that came out it looked like elmers glue.

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
        Just be careful when you cut it becuase you can leave a sharp edge that will continue to irritate it. If you find it's still not healing, probably should do this anyways, pack a bunch of cotton under the nail and change it 3 times a day.
        It looks to be healing up good, I sterilized the razorblade, tweezers, and nail file before I started. When I finish getting the nail out I soaked the area in iodine then put neosporin on it and wrapped it gently in sterile gauze. It is not red or swollen anymore and is only slightly sensitive, it is a relief to have that outta there.

Comment

Working...
        X