thyroid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thyroid

so i had a blood test done about a week and half ago and felt that it went well. i was wrong. everything was a-okay, cholesterol (i have a family history of CVD), blood sugar, and the routine stuff except for my thyroid levels. now i'm not sure if they're high or low but my doctor's NP called and said the were "at an unusual level" and recommended for me to go in for a follow-up appointment to talk more about this.

in all honesty, i'm nervous. i have been all day since i got off the phone with the NP and i think it's because i've been a generally healthy person until now. when i was younger i had a HUGE sweet tooth and had high sugar levels but i have gotten that under control and it's been a while since that's even been an issue.

i've spent a good part of the morning wondering wtf is wrong with me, reading up on medical websites, but if can do a pre-diagnosis of myself i would have to say i relate to more of the symptoms of hypothyroidism.

like i said, i'm just nervous because i've never had a doctor schedule a follow-up appointment. i hate being abnormal.
    Last edited by mofo; 09-29-09, 12:05 PM.

nothing to be worried about.

many people have thyroid problems. usually easily fixed.

Comment

why would you be worried, if your otherwise healthy what difference does it make. OK if it has all of a sudden gone off the chart one way or another thats one thing and like B says easily fixed, if your hypo (low) they can give you meds only if you feel really tired and overweight and you need them, many people have low thyroid and just do cardio a few times a week and its the perfect matabolism antidote, otherwise if you hyperthyroididm (high) then its only a problem if you are losing too much weight to the point you become weak, in which case they can do a small op and sort it.

Comment

DBJ is in great health, she has more energy than me. Diet is in check, exercise is in check, its very odd. I don't know what is wrong. She was heart broken this morning after she talked to her doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
          Tell them to fax you a copy of the results and post the numbers..I can help you understand it.
          i'll get them on friday when i go in. too much school work to do. but i will definitely be taking you up on the offer in a few days.

i'm going to start calling you papa rado.

Comment

Originally posted by dbjmofo View Post

i'm going to start calling you papa rado.
            and what you gonna call me? :hibb:

Comment

Tell them to fax you a copy of the results and post the numbers..I can help you understand it.
              So when did you spend 8 years in medical school?

Comment

Originally posted by Timma View Post
                So when did you spend 8 years in medical school?
                he does no blood work. i will give him that.

thats the only thing i will ever give him. :D

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  and what you gonna call me? :hibb:
                  my bitch. hehehehe. nah. give me some time to think up your nickname.

Comment

he does no blood work. i will give him that.

I can make you rich over night.

Comment

he does KNOW blood work. i will give him that.

corrected for the billionth time.

Comment

Originally posted by dbjmofo View Post
                        corrected for the billionth time.
                        i dont no what your talking about.

Comment

I know my shit when it comes to blood work....WTF do you know other than how to look like shit:) Get a tan, lift weights and stfu.
                          No you know how to bullshit. I'm not gonna even argue with you about lifting and i'm tanner than you so stfu puto.

Comment

Not going to argue about me lifting? because you can't:rofl: you could be darker than me, but I don't care...:weights::weights:
                            LOl you're so dumb sometimes. Wait all the time.:thumup::thumup:

Comment

My wife
                              :disagree:

Comment

Working...
                              X