Umbilical Hernia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbilical Hernia

This sucks. Apparently I made have had it for years. Now it keeps getting infected and it hurts like a mofo. About to go back to the doc and refill on antibiotics, and have it surgically repaired. This sucks. I was making some real progress for the first time in months. (16% BF down to about 12-13%) Now this shit. Oh well, thank god for health insurance.

well had your umbilical for quite some time now and hernias are an inherent weakness in that area so yeah you had it since birth

Comment

I had one and had surgery last yr. Sucks too!!!!! Hurts like a mother fucker to move after the surgery. I had to roll myself off the bed to get up. They told me 8 wks before lifting light but at 3 months, light still felt uncomfortable. Get a Doc that isnt afraid to write ya a script for pain meds. Im not sure if that is just a sensitive area or what but I can take pain and this was pretty bad.

I hope yours goes well and doesnt have as much pain as mine did.

gator

Comment

Originally posted by Gator_Mclusky View Post
        I had one and had surgery last yr. Sucks too!!!!! Hurts like a mother fucker to move after the surgery. I had to roll myself off the bed to get up. They told me 8 wks before lifting light but at 3 months, light still felt uncomfortable. Get a Doc that isnt afraid to write ya a script for pain meds. Im not sure if that is just a sensitive area or what but I can take pain and this was pretty bad.

I hope yours goes well and doesnt have as much pain as mine did.

gator
        Well this is cheerful news. :wack:

In all seriousness though, I get short term disability for the surgery. There isn't much pain I wouldn't go through to get out of work for a week or two.

But I'm still wondering if my doc got this one wrong. It looks like a big red boil down there and it stings/burns like a mother fucker. I'm going back to let him see it again this week so we'll see.

8 weeks without lifting huh? As if I wasn't a big enough pussy in the gym lately. Do they allow cardio sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
          Well this is cheerful news. :wack:

In all seriousness though, I get short term disability for the surgery. There isn't much pain I wouldn't go through to get out of work for a week or two.

But I'm still wondering if my doc got this one wrong. It looks like a big red boil down there and it stings/burns like a mother fucker. I'm going back to let him see it again this week so we'll see.

8 weeks without lifting huh? As if I wasn't a big enough pussy in the gym lately. Do they allow cardio sooner?
          Mine looked like my belly button went from an inney to an outie. It wasnt that big and I had it a good 8 months before I went to the doc.

Light cardio was 4 wks......

As you know, everyones different so I hope yours isnt as bad as mine! AND....like I said, I have a high threshold for pain but this thing set me back.....

Good luck and keep us posted.

gator

Comment

Working...
          X