brushing your teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brushing your teeth

my coworker says that i compulsively brush my teeth. he says you only need to brush your teeth at night before bed. i carry a travel toothbrush and toothpaste in my work truck so if i eat somthing i can brush afterwards and somtimes when my breath needs a pickup. that is not obssesive compulsive i like having clean teeth and fresh breath. his breath smells like he was eating a dead buffalo ass. how often do yall brush your teeth? is 7-8 times a day too much?

yes, you can actually wear down your enamel by brushing too much. Causing your teeth to turn yellow and having an increased sensitivity to plaque. I brush twice a day and carry gum.

Comment

I always remembering dentists saying to brush after every meal...wonder if that applies to those of us who eat 6 or 7 times a day? I have a friend who's a dentist and will ask him.

Do you floss too? Flossing is very important in preventing gum disease.

Comment

7 to 8 times a day seems a bit on the high side. Personally i am in the 2 to 3 times a day, but usually moring and night.

Comment

Morning and bedtime, and constant gum chewer:)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
            I always remembering dentists saying to brush after every meal...wonder if that applies to those of us who eat 6 or 7 times a day? I have a friend who's a dentist and will ask him.

Do you floss too? Flossing is very important in preventing gum disease.
            thank you mrspuddles i would really be interested to know. i havent had a cavity since i was 11 years old and the dentist said my teeth look great except for the chips from my tongue stud that i reluctantly removed to save my teeth. i do floss twice a day. my motivation is i am terrified of the dentist drill. i freak when i hear it and when i say freak i mean it i sweat shake and get anxiety attacks so bad i want to jump out a window.

Comment

"I dont own a tooth brush"! (Chris Farley, SNL)

Comment

Twice a day for me....7-8 times seems a little compulsive to me.

When I say brush I meen I squirt some tooth past on my finger and swish it arround in my mouth a little. They won't let me have an actual tooth brush 'cus they are afraid I might sharpen it into a shank or somthing.

Comment

I also brush twice a day and carry a gun.

Comment

I brush my teeth alot, however as of late i have been dipping more than usual so i guess more brushing is o.k

Comment

I knew a guy that had an obsessive compulsive disorder with brushing his teeth. He brushed them like 12-15 times a day. But now he's down to about 6-7, he's making progress. Most people say after every meal, but most people don't eat 6-7 meals a day so I don't think that applies to us. I brush my teeth 2-3 times a day with Crest Rejuvenating Effects toothpaste it's the BEST!!!
                      Last edited by AsianPersuasian; 08-11-03, 08:19 PM.

Comment

This might sound a bit gross, but you can try rinsing with hydrogen peroxide in between and then brush twice a day. I have a problem with my gums and this help a lot. The side benefit is it really cleans your mouth and keeps your breath very fresh most of the time (oxygenates the entire mouth including the tongue, which holds a lot of bacteria). There is little to no taste.

Comment

So drinking the hydrogen peroxide is a bad idea? It kind of tickles.

Comment

Auri...you're supposed to snort it, not drink it! Geez! ;)

I spoke with my dentist friend and he said that we should only brush twice a day. Anything more than that can cause harm to the gums and roots of the teeth. He said it's ok to do a light brush when you wake up in the morning before you eat, then to do a regular brushing after breakfast, but then you should wait until just before bed to do the second one. Especially if you're using a whitening or flouride toothpaste...you're not supposed to eat or drink for about 40 minutes after using those...you shouldn't even rinse with water. Yuck...I'm rinsing.

Comment

Ive always brushed twice a day, never had a vaity.
                              Just got myself one of those fancy electrical tooth brushes, so now im really getting into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X