Porcelain veneers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porcelain veneers?

Anyone have a row of porcelain veneers? If so did it hurt, how much does it cost etc, etc. I was thinking of getting my front teeth done.

Bump for knowledge anyone?

Comment

I plan on getting these next month. I'm curious how much they cost.

Comment

dont know how much they cost--denatl insurance picked it up
        but they dont hurt at all

Comment

What's the procedure for installation? I have heard they file your existing teeth to a sliver and glue the porcelain over top?

Comment

nah--covered my existing teeth with the porcelain and then use uv light to make it stay

Comment

ahhh, that sounds better, are they really white and gave a nice shape now?

Comment

well tehy match the color close to teh rest of your teeth if you dont get all of tehmm done and yes the shape is nice

Comment

i just read last week...$1000/tooth

Comment

I was given a quote about 1 yr ago with my dentist to have the top four teeth covered at $750 a tooth. I was told that they grind away some of the tooth on just the front surface and then attach the veneers with a uv light which permanetly bonds them to your teeth. They usually last 7-10 years and will have to be replaced at they chip or come off after that amount of time. Also, the veneer cannot stain and cannot be bleached. My deal, which I still plan to go through with, was to get my teeth bleached and have the veneers put on the match what the bleeching brought my teeth out to be. So bleach them first, then get the veneers. Otherwise, you risk having some teeth that stick out like a sore thumb since the color is different.

Comment

I TOTALLY agree with Bdub on this one. Anywhere from $650-800 is the going price per tooth for these veneers. They normally are not very painful. My ex wife is a dental hygenist and she rarely saw problems with these veneers. And yes they usually last around 10 years depending on which teeth. Obviously the front ones will last longer and depends how well you take care of them. Good luck. PEACE! KIR

Comment

I'm still not too sure if I'll go through with getting them. I am worried I'll break or chip one and then have to go with a f'ed up grill until I can shell out another $750 or so per tooth thats broken.

Comment

you can chip them bro and they can fix it without having to replace the whole tooth. LOL RElax and go for it. PEACE! KIR

Comment

Top dentist in New York around 1500 per tooth

but worth it..!

Comment

Working...
                            X