laser eye surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser eye surgery

anyone had it or know anyone who has had good results from it?
    also know approx. how much to have done? ty

I've heard a lot of success from laser eye surgeries. The only bad story I heard was from my aunt. She needed it done in both eyes. Had the first one done and that eye went blind. She had the second done with no problems and sees perfectly out of it. I'm sure costs varry with the kind of procedure. What do you need done? I've got an astig-matism but it's not bad...I just wear glasses to see small print or sometimes when I'm driving or watching tv or at the movies.

Maybe this will help answer some of your questions:

http://www.allaboutvision.com/visionsurgery/

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/lasereyesurgery.html

Comment

I know a few people that have had it done, with success. Like MrsP. said the cost will vary, I watched a show on discovery that showed a guy that almost went completely blind because he tried to save a little and went to a smaller shop where they don't do a lot of the surgeries. The show recommended to go to a dr. that performs a good deal of procedures and has lots of experience.

Good luck if you do get it done

Comment

i've had it done.love it

vision was 20/15, but is now 20/20....sometimes blurry, but normally if i don't get enough sleep

b4 surgery, my vision was 20/800!!!!!!

i had focus eye centre do me....$3400, could of went to a place just opening (a discount centre) that was offering like 450/eye....tempting, but if was to go blind i wanted to know i went to the best and paid top dollar........however, i know 4 or 5 that have went to the cheper place and are just as happy

FYI

Comment

ty for all the input guys ..............and u2 sexy p! anyways i cant see far away shit havent had eyes ever checked for my vision count. my friend just got contacts and told me the difference was unreal and i couldnt imagine the difference. so it got me thinkin bout it, so ill prolly just go see about some glasses or contacts.

Comment

my roomie just had his done 2 days ago (thurs) and he said it wa the easies procedure........ no trouble at all could see almost clearly later that day ....... he loves it except hes gotta do drops avery half hour for a week or so then a few other drops once in a while
            i think he said it was about 17 hun in vancouver BC

Comment

I am also considering getting a lasik surgery for both eyes if I receive a job offer that I've been working on. My friend paid about 1400. US for both eyes and sees 20/15 in both eyes. I almost got the radial kerotonomy 12 years ago for a job but they only used the diamond etching back then :( It was much more expensive than now and some people complained about seeing halos at night. So, 2 weeks before I was scheduled for surgery I decided against it and passed on the job. I was probably lucky that I did.

Comment

Had it done and the best $3200 EVER spent. Awesome. I was 20/800 in both eyes and now 20/15 in one and 20/20 in the other. My doc was located in Dallas and is supposed to be the best out in the states.

Comment

don't cheap out! mine cost $4000 and was worth it! make sure the docs have done thousands and do their own checkups.

Comment

i need to get it done. I have a 1.5 vison which to some might not be alot but i cannot see shit without my contacts.

Here in my city they do it for 500bucks an eyes (1000 both eyes). Across the border in Mexico, they go as low as 300 per eye.

Comment

i am saving up to get this done. no fucking way am i going to some cheap joint, i expect to pay at least $2500.

Comment

Several family members of mine had it done and recovered without any problems and they said it didn't hurt at all (yea right). It was ~2k at that time, I think it has gone down since.

Comment

My mother has gotten it done and she swears by it. She got it done like 3 years ago, and they have had to correct it around 3 times, but it is very quick and inexpensive to maintain. My mom is 55 so for someone younger that that it would probably require alot less maintanence.

Comment

Working...
                          X