Carpal Tunnel Synddrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpal Tunnel Synddrome

I've been having problems in both hands for about 3 weeks now, symptoms not so bad in my left hand but right hand is a bitch.

Numbness, pins and needles and shooting pains, got to the quacks and he has diagnosed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (not too bad I guess).

6 weeks worth of anti inflammatory pills and a wrist support, if that doesnt help steroid injections or operation.

In the meantime he has suggested that I stop lifting and just perform cardio, I'm not happy with that at all.

Any of you guys had this? What did you do? Do you reckon I should stop lifting?

Well, its up at 5am for shoulders tomorrow whatever!!! :fight:

Only thing noninvasive that works is what your doc prescribed... painkillers, wrist support and rest. There's surgery but obviously not a trivial thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Only thing noninvasive that works is what your doc prescribed... painkillers, wrist support and rest. There's surgery but obviously not a trivial thing.
      I'm going to continue at the gym unless things get worse (bad idea?), may be reduce the weight and number of sessions. :(

I have read that other threads where they say that training is not going to make things worse, however certain exercises (cleans, upright rows and french presses) impact the wrists so should be avoided.

Comment

Did he tell you to wear the brace at night? We tend to sleep with our wrists tucked in, too.

Comment

I sleep hanging from the ceiling like a a vampire bat!

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
            Did he tell you to wear the brace at night? We tend to sleep with our wrists tucked in, too.
            He said I cant either wear it during the day or night, wearing it at night makes more sense though, I do tend to get into some awkward positions while I sleep!

I'm thinking of getting a different brace as this one doesnt have a great deal of support imo.

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
              I sleep hanging from the ceiling like a a vampire bat!
              No wonder you woke up in a bad mood this morning, you didnt land on your head when you woke up?

Comment

guy i know was bitching about it for weeks could lift anything went to the doc and got cortisol injection pain immediately disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                  guy i know was bitching about it for weeks could lift anything went to the doc and got cortisol injection pain immediately disappeared
                  Problem with that is it's basically a band aid that works for a few months. I've had numerous in my elbow (postponing surgery) and it feels amazing for about 3 months and then it usually comes back more painful because I've been stressing it so hard while it "felt' healed.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                    Problem with that is it's basically a band aid that works for a few months. I've had numerous in my elbow (postponing surgery) and it feels amazing for about 3 months and then it usually comes back more painful because I've been stressing it so hard while it "felt' healed.
                    true plus it kills healthy tissue around it. thats why they use it as a last resort. but ive notice in the med. community these have become much more routine i think they are as bad as they once thought for long term. i think it has a lot to do with the severity. to my disbelief this guy never had a problem w it again it was at least 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X