Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painful swollen veins in forearms and hands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painful swollen veins in forearms and hands.

Been noticing this more and more the last few weeks. The veins in my forearms and hands are getting swollen to a point that it hurts. Not just the normal times like in the gym when you are pumped but all day and night as well. Not all that concerned but starting to wonder if it could be a blood pressure issue or something. My face isn't red or anything like that.

This doesn't really show the extent of the swelling but this is how it looks at 1 in the morning.

I think you should have a hemoglobin count done!
    that one vein on your arm all the way down is huge. this is as big as your arm lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
      that one vein on your arm all the way down is huge. this is as big as your arm lol
      Definitely.

When was the last time you had any type of blood work done?

You've been on for a long time. I can't imagine all of your levels are normal.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
        Definitely.

When was the last time you had any type of blood work done?

You've been on for a long time. I can't imagine all of your levels are normal.
        It's been a long time, can't remember. I don't really have any excuse either, I have great insurance. Do veins like that always correlate to high blood pressure or "thick blood"?

Comment

No, and I can say that for sure from my line of work. If I was you though, get your bp taken. When your blood pressure is high your putting stress on all your organs and that cause damage to them. My father in law had high bp and that damaged his kidney to the point of destroying them. He's on dialysis for the rest of his life now. It was 220/170 which is super high, I doubt your bp is that high because you wouldnt feel good at all but still, you could be doing harm to yourself. If you have the money go get a BP machine from CVS or somewhere, there not expensive. Let us know what it is cause im interested in whats going on. I follow up with you later.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            It's been a long time, can't remember. I don't really have any excuse either, I have great insurance. Do veins like that always correlate to high blood pressure or "thick blood"?
            I cant say bro. I wish I had a real anwser and not just a guess. but I would find out asap.
            one thing we know is something is going on if you have pain ect. logic says hemoglobin or BP but shit there could be a bunch of other shit I dont know about.

Comment

Veins have valves that act as one way flaps to prevent blood from flowing backwards. Generally when they swell or become inflamed, it's because there is a problem with the vein or valve, and the blood is "pooling" instead of flowing. I wouldn't mess around with it for long. They aren't designed to be stretched out, and I've had a blood clot. You do not want any part of that, either.

Comment

Are you taking any sorts of Niacin supps?

Either way, that shit doesn't look healthy man. Get yourself checked out.

Comment

Looks like circulation issue get it checked

Comment

Originally posted by cedubb02 View Post
                    No, and I can say that for sure from my line of work. If I was you though, get your bp taken. When your blood pressure is high your putting stress on all your organs and that cause damage to them. My father in law had high bp and that damaged his kidney to the point of destroying them. He's on dialysis for the rest of his life now. It was 220/170 which is super high, I doubt your bp is that high because you wouldnt feel good at all but still, you could be doing harm to yourself. If you have the money go get a BP machine from CVS or somewhere, there not expensive. Let us know what it is cause im interested in whats going on. I follow up with you later.
                    Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                    Veins have valves that act as one way flaps to prevent blood from flowing backwards. Generally when they swell or become inflamed, it's because there is a problem with the vein or valve, and the blood is "pooling" instead of flowing. I wouldn't mess around with it for long. They aren't designed to be stretched out, and I've had a blood clot. You do not want any part of that, either.
                    Great info, thanks.

I am going to get the blood work and BP tested as everyone suggests. While I am at it, I want to get the full hormone profile tested. If I do this and the doctor sees my hormone levels crazy high, can they share that with my insurance company suggesting I am on steroids?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      Great info, thanks.

I am going to get the blood work and BP tested as everyone suggests. While I am at it, I want to get the full hormone profile tested. If I do this and the doctor sees my hormone levels crazy high, can they share that with my insurance company suggesting I am on steroids?
                      just dont admit to it thats for sure!

Comment

Come off for three weeks then test

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                          Come off for three weeks then test
                          fuck that test now. something serious can be going down. hopefully its nothing but just in case I know you dont really wanna die.

Comment

fuck that test now. something serious can be going down. hopefully its nothing but just in case I know you dont really wanna die.
                            It doesn't matter as long as he looks good doing it!

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                              It doesn't matter as long as he looks good doing it!
                              lol ya that sounds good untill it happens. the tune will change belive that.
                              hopefully he just needed to jack off less and his hands go back to normal. I be telling him to hire a he-she to do it for him he dont listen though.

Comment

Working...
                              X