Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for Type 1 diabetes immanent

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...akthrough.html

'Harvard University has produced the vast quantities of insulin-producing cells needed for transplants

A cure for diabetes could be imminent after scientists discovered how to make huge quantities of insulin-producing cells, in a breakthrough hailed as significant as antibiotics.

Harvard University has, for the first time, managed to manufacture the millions of beta cells required for transplantation.'

Would be nice. My wife has suffered from it for 20 years, since she was a teenager in high school. She used to wear an external insulin pump/pod thing on her leg, but now she's back to monitering her blood sugar and jabbing herself with slin pins all day long. It pretty much controls her life. Has to take juice and supplies everywhere she goes, cant always eat when she wants...things could be worse but it still is a miserable thing to deal with

Comment

This would be huge in my family. After generations of it my grandfather has been the last one so I'm sure it's going to show back up somewhere soon.

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

Nothing short of a miracle if it comes to fruition. Life changer.

Comment

Working...
          X