Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banish smartphones and computers from bedroom to get a good sleep, say scientists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banish smartphones and computers from bedroom to get a good sleep, say scientists

A study on teenagers found that those who used a computer in the hour before bedtime were nearly three times as likely to get less than five hours sleep

Banish smartphones and computers from bedroom to get a good sleep, say scientists - Telegraph

Totally agree this

Comment

This in particular:

“Alternatively the bright light exposure inherent in most electronic media devices may interfere with sleep by delating the circadian rhythm when exposure takes place in the evening.”

Comment

yeah i can never sleep right if ive been working on the computer and go to bed.

Comment

Here's what's weird though. I can fall asleep no problem watching tv at night. But if I'm on the computer I can't. I don't get that. If both screens are LED based LCD screens why is there a difference?

Comment

Maybe the difference in viewing distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              Here's what's weird though. I can fall asleep no problem watching tv at night. But if I'm on the computer I can't. I don't get that. If both screens are LED based LCD screens why is there a difference?

When you say "but if I'm on the computer" - do you meant like just watching something on a computer vs a tv?

Comment

Or perhaps it is the engagement with said screen. Watching TV doesn't involve as much brain processing as active engagement with the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                  Or perhaps it is the engagement with said screen. Watching TV doesn't involve as much brain processing as active engagement with the internet.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at :thumb:

Comment

only happens to me if im working on something not watching tv on it.

i fall asleep all the time watching tv

Comment

Working...
                    X