Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything we know about addiction is wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything we know about addiction is wrong.

Take 5 minutes and watch this. Simple, clear, common sense, and to the point approach to addiction.

https://youtu.be/ao8L-0nSYzg

Lol. If only it was that simple.

Comment

Actually I think it is. The problem is that the problems is never fixed because these people lives continue in the same way that it was before the drugs started. The same triggers and stress factors exist thus they still turn to their coping mechanism which is drugs.

Comment

Sorry bro, a hug and a nice home is not the simple solution to addiction.

The Vietnam example is weak. Look at how many became homeless, alcoholics, and/or addicted to other drugs (not just heroin). Most of the ones I can think of off the top of my head are terrible alcoholics.

Sure entering back into the same environment will be counter productive. To completely write off countless studies on chemical dependency and simplify addiction like this video, is laughable at best.

Comment

No I didn't say a hug and a nice home is the answer.

It's a much bigger fix then your giving it credit for. It's not all that easy to completely change ones life and remove all triggers. That's the point of the video.

But I do agree the Vietnam example was a bit of a roll eyes moment.

Comment

Working...
          X