E-Cigarettes 10x Worse Than Regular Cigarettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Cigarettes 10x Worse Than Regular Cigarettes

E-CIGS HAVE 10 TIMES MORE CANCER CAUSING INGREDIENTS THAN REGULAR CIGARETTES

According to research conducted by Japanese scientists, e-cigarettes contain 10 times the level of cancer-causing carcinogens than regular cigarettes. Until recently, e-cigarettes were recommended as the answer to smoking without the complication of so many dangers.

These electronic nicotine products became hugely popular because people believed that they were receiving a hit of nicotine without the need to worry about any health damage that’s caused by a normal cigarette, loaded with chemicals.

But when the Japanese Ministry of Health commissioned a research, they found formaldehyde and acetaldehyde carcinogens in the liquid produced by many e-cigarette products, stated a health ministry official.

The group also found that e-cigarettes can fuel potentially life-threatening drug-resistant pathogens. This discovery comes from a lab study that tested the vapor from e-cigarettes on live methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and human cells.

According to the official, the formaldehyde carcinogen is much more present in the e-cigarette liquids than in the chemicals used in regular cigarettes.

The researcher Naoki Kunugita said: “In one brand of e-cigarette the team found more than 10 times the level of carcinogens contained in one regular cigarette. Especially when the wire (which vaporizes the liquid) gets overheated, higher amounts of those harmful substances seemed to be produced.”

Kunugita also added that the levels of the formaldehyde carcinogen varied in the final results.

“You call them e-cigarettes, but they are products totally different from regular tobacco. The government is now studying the possible risks associated with them, with view to looking at how they should be regulated,” the Japanese health ministry official said.

Earlier in 2015, the World Health Organization (WHO) advised governments to ban the sale of e-cigarettes to underage people because they posed a serious threat to them.

The UN health agency said that although there’s a lack of evidence regarding the damage caused by e-cigarettes, there was still enough evidence “to caution children and adolescents, pregnant women, and women of reproductive age” about their use. They also added that e-cigs should be outlawed from indoor public spaces.

The US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated: “More than a quarter of a million youth who had never smoked a cigarette used electronic cigarettes in 2013, according to a CDC study published in the journal Nicotine and Tobacco Research. This number reflects a three-fold increase, from about 79,000 in 2011, to more than 263,000 in 2013.”

E-Cigarettes Found to Have 10 times More Cancer Causing Ingredients than Regular Cigarettes

dam I see a lot of ppl using the e-cigs lately

Comment

where at jack? i'm honestly not sure i've ever seen it. it could be that I don't pay much attention to people but I've always wonder what the thing looks like to smoke. i picture a little blue light and computer steam coming from one. lol

Comment

mostly on the streets of NYC. in front of a shopping plaza's and grocery stores like Walmart... I see a lot of smokers too

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          where at jack? i'm honestly not sure i've ever seen it. it could be that I don't pay much attention to people but I've always wonder what the thing looks like to smoke. i picture a little blue light and computer steam coming from one. lol
          They're everywhere man. Not hard to distinguish e cigs to reg ones.

Comment

I'm not a people looker I guess. I feel it gives people a sense of power if they catch you staring so I always act uninterested and make them wonder why I have no interest in them. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              I'm not a people looker I guess. I feel it gives people a sense of power if they catch you staring so I always act uninterested and make them wonder why I have no interest in them. :D
              You have some wicked ways of thinking lol...bro, nobody gives a shit if you do or don't. .it's not like I stare or look. But kinda hard not to see anyone not smoking e cigs or cigs period. You'd have be a complete moron NOT to noitce. Then again, we are talking about you.

Sorry but I don't walk with my head down and avoid contact with humans, that's bitch type shit right there nancy

Comment

i think you should know by now that I am not someone who walks with their head down. just the opposite.

and you'd be surprised how many people (especially women) wonder why that 1 guy over there with the muscles is paying her no attention when she's used to 24/7 gawking by the average joe..

this obviously only works if you are someone that stands out from the crowd and can get the girls attention in the first place.

by the way, i'm not implying that you guys sit there and gawk at people. wasn't what I meant.

Comment

I hear ya nigg

Comment

(Reuters Health) - Electronic cigarettes are sickening a growing number of young kids, usually because children drink the liquid nicotine that’s used in the devices, a U.S. study of poison center calls suggests.

Often, children aren’t seriously harmed, but several have had severe complications like comas and seizures and one child died from liquid nicotine poisoning.

Even small amounts of liquid nicotine can cause serious poisoning or death in young children, said senior study author Dr. Gary Smith, director of the Center for Injury Research and Policy at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.

The study, which focused on poison center calls about kids under six years old exposed to tobacco and nicotine, found e-cigarettes posed the biggest risk to toddlers.

“Children in this age group are curious, have newfound mobility, explore their environment by putting things in their mouth, and do not recognize danger,” Smith added by email.

Big U.S. tobacco companies are all developing e-cigarettes. The battery-powered gadgets feature a glowing tip and a heating element that turns liquid nicotine and other flavorings into a cloud of vapor that users inhale.

Smith and colleagues analyzed poison center data from January 2012 through April 2015. During that period, monthly calls related to e-cigarettes surged from 14 to 223, they report in the journal Pediatrics.

Overall, there were 4,128 calls about e-cigarettes, accounting for about 14 percent of the roughly 29,000 total calls related to children’s exposure to nicotine and tobacco during the study.

When kids got their hands on e-cigarettes, they were five times more likely to be admitted to a health facility and more than twice as likely to have serious medical problems compared to children exposed to traditional cigarettes, the study found.

Most of the time, kids got their hands on e-cigarettes at home.

Typically, symptoms from drinking liquid nicotine - like vomiting, nausea, and a rapid heartbeat - went away within a few hours.

Among the children who needed medical care, less than 3 percent were hospitalized and roughly 2 percent had severe complications like breathing difficulties, seizures and comas.

The study probably underestimates the risk of e-cigarettes, however, because it only includes cases voluntarily reported to poison control centers, the authors note. It’s also possible physicians might be more inclined to report issues with e-cigarettes because the devices and the resulting medical problems are relatively new.

Even so, the findings should serve as a warning to parents because drinking liquid nicotine can be much more toxic to kids than eating tobacco found in traditional cigarettes, said Dr. Sean Patrick Nordt, an emergency medicine researcher at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine who wasn’t involved in the study.

Liquid nicotine is easier for the body to absorb than tobacco in cigarettes, Nordt said by email. Because cigarette tobacco also doesn’t taste very good, kids are less likely to ingest enough of it to seriously hurt themselves.

By contrast, e-cigarettes “can look and smell like candy to children,” Nordt added.

Nicotine is also much more concentrated in liquids than in traditional cigarettes, noted Dr. Kyran Quinlan, a researcher at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago and chair of the council on injury, violence and poison prevention for the American Academy of Pediatrics.

A cigarette has about 1-2 milligrams of nicotine, but liquid refills for e-cigarettes are often contain at least 18 milligrams, Quinlan, who wasn’t involved in the study, said by email.

“A small sip, say a teaspoon which is 5 milligrams, exposes a child to the nicotine of several packs of cigarettes all at once,” Quinlan said.

“Parents should know that the highly concentrated liquid nicotine used in e-cigarettes is a new deadly poison,” Quinlan added. “The packaging, colors and flavors make these toddler magnets. Young children should have no access to e-cigarettes or their refill liquids because it could kill them.”

Comment

And AMERICA allows this garbage for sale....lol....

Comment

Working...
                      X