TENS unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TENS unit.

Have any of you ever used a TENS unit for pain relief? How did it work for you?

Yea for muscle tightness and pain. Didn't really work for me because my tight muscles are deep in traps and mid upper back. Tens unit only hits surface stuff. Only thing that touches my kind of pain and spasms is deep tissue.

Comment

I'm reading a lot online about it and a lot of sources say the relief is from a placebo effect.

Comment

I can see it being effective for surface muscle tightness for sure. Definitely gets blood flow going my squeezing the shit out of the muscle. But deep muscle stuff it's worthless.

Comment

I used one and got "some" relief.

Comment

I am thinking about getting a portable ultrasound machine to use it in conjunction with the TENS.

Comment

Put it this way, a good sports massage is superior imo

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                Put it this way, a good sports massage is superior imo
                So... I should just do all 3 then?

Comment

Why don't you tell me what your issue is?, We can start from there

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                    So... I should just do all 3 then?
                    Deep tissue aka sports massage therapy only. Those other things are ineffective for muscular guys IMO. The muscles in trained people are so much more powerful and when they tighten up they need a fucken jack hammer to get the knots out. Especially hormona users.

Comment

My wife has some fibrous cysts on her spine. Neuro blockers and opioids work but for obvious reasons she does not want to take them. The cysts have caused multiple large myofascial trigger points. She is going to start going to a physical therapist again but I was hoping we could do something at home to help as well.

Comment

Also, I have carpal tunnel in both wrists and as I was reading up on TENS and ultrasound for her, some people claim it can help carpal tunnel.

Comment

You both need surgery by the sounds of it. Of course there us a risk with that being on the spine.

Look, the tens unit increases blood flow and endorphins to the area and is also a great way to maintain some tone if your laid up. But that's about it.

I understand there is also the issue of potential scar tissue for her if she has an op. For you with carpel tunnel I'd take the op all day long but I dint know what your insurance situation is I know it's hard over there

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                            My wife has some fibrous cysts on her spine. Neuro blockers and opioids work but for obvious reasons she does not want to take them. The cysts have caused multiple large myofascial trigger points. She is going to start going to a physical therapist again but I was hoping we could do something at home to help as well.
                            Dig into those trigger points with your knuckles bro. Hurts like hell but she will have relief. My girl isn't strong but she does it for me before bed and it's helps a lot.

Comment

I have insurance, I saw an orthopedic surgeon and he said I should just deal with it until it gets to the point where the numbness and pain are constant and does not subside.

Comment

Working...
                              X