Increased My Omega-3 Dose To 3 Grams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased My Omega-3 Dose To 3 Grams

Total EPA+DHA dose is now 3 grams per day which translates to 12 Fish Oils caps per day. Sounds like a ton of caps but 3 with every meal is pretty easy.

All the fish oil studies done are using much higher doses then people seem to understand. They think a 1 gram fish oil cap = 1 gram omega 3. Not the case. A 1 gram fish oil cap only contains 250mg of the beneficial EPA+DHA omega 3s. These are what gives us the positive benefits with anti inflammatory and blood thinning effects. So if your currently taking 1 or 2 fish oil caps per day your waisting your time. It's like taking 1/8th of an aspirin for a headache, won't do a thing.

I figure with my new high dose AAS cycle the increased fish oil might possibly help a bit with blood pressure and general heart health.

Thank god for Costco where I can get 400 caps for 7 bucks. :D

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8339414

Comment

Would be interesting to see some blood work at the end for cholesterol, triglycerides etc..

Comment

What's your opinion on flax seed oil?

Comment

Fish oil has more studies under its belt with proven effect. I follow the science.

Comment

We have the same bottle bouncer. Mine is 300mg combined of DHA + EPA

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
              We have the same bottle bouncer. Mine is 300mg combined of DHA + EPA

Yours is 250 bro. Don't count the 50mg of "other". DHA + EPA is all we are concerned with.

Comment

https://labdoor.com/rankings/fish-oil

Comment

good list. i wanted to see why kirkand was all the way down at number 37. it's because the amount of omega 3 in the product is actually HIGHER than label claims. in other words, they got bad markings only because the product "does not match label claims". it's like your protein powder saying 25 grams per serving on the label but turns out to have 30 grams per serving. they would actually get a low score on this list because it doesn't match exactly what label says.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    good list. i wanted to see why kirkand was all the way down at number 37. it's because the amount of omega 3 in the product is actually HIGHER than label claims. in other words, they got bad markings only because the product "does not match label claims". it's like your protein powder saying 25 grams per serving on the label but turns out to have 30 grams per serving. they would actually get a low score on this list because it doesn't match exactly what label says.
                    Bro who fucking cares where it's ranked lol...no need to justify all the damn time bro.

Who cares that your brand is ranked at shit levels:thumb:

You should change your name to "the justifier"

Comment

Did you actually see the full lab report? It's label accuracy is in red status and also the projected efficacy is in red, not good.

Just wanted to give you a good link for reference, could give a shit what supps you take.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                        Bro who fucking cares where it's ranked lol...no need to justify all the damn time bro.

Who cares that your brand is ranked at shit levels:thumb:

You should change your name to "the justifier"
                        umm i care. if i'm taking a product I want to exactly whats in it and if it's worth it. i would hope everyone would care if whatever product they are using is good or bad and why that it..

Comment

umm i care. if i'm taking a product I want to exactly whats in it and if it's worth it. i would hope everyone would care if whatever product they are using is good or bad and why that it..
                          Post 11

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                            Did you actually see the full lab report? It's label accuracy is in red status and also the projected efficacy is in red, not good.

Just wanted to give you a good link for reference, could give a shit what supps you take.
                            it's label accuracy is in the red because it doesn't match label claim. that's what i just said moron. it's overdosed.

Comment

Exactly! It's like taking pharmacy grade test vs the test I made in my garage with outdated equipment from the 80s

Comment

Working...
                              X