Question On Hydration For The SM Bro Scientist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question On Hydration For The SM Bro Scientist

So you guys know by now that I spent some time in hospital due to over exertion and dehydration. 2 1/2 days of IV fluids and they sent me home and said no physical activity or gym until my next dr appointment on July 13th.

Here's my question. During this rest phase of no activity should I be over compensating in terms of hydration? Should I be sipping on Gatorade all day and stuff like that? I just want to do the best thing possible to return to normal as quickly as possible. I'm guessing I was dehydrated for a long time before the day I passed out so I'm thinking maybe it takes a long time to get back to proper hydration? I really don't know much about how that works.

Thanks

Bouncer did you ask them if that sugar free stuff you drink hydrates your body? I'm just curious. But if I were you I would shoot for 10oz of water an hour. Just stick with water for a while.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

And the color of your urine is a good way to judge how hydrated you are. You want that stuff to be clear every time.

Comment

Sorry for all the posts....lol But I like to get that pedilyte stuff. Its for babies when they are sick and lose alot of fluids. Get a few and get one in per day.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
          Bouncer did you ask them if that sugar free stuff you drink hydrates your body? I'm just curious. But if I were you I would shoot for 10oz of water an hour. Just stick with water for a while.

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
          And the color of your urine is a good way to judge how hydrated you are. You want that stuff to be clear every time.

:agreed:

Comment

I didn't ask about the sugar free shit but I tell ya what Frank, I think I'm done with all that shit. Water and lemon or lime from now on.

I'm gonna pick up some of that baby stuff. Thanks

Comment

Pedialite is expensive as hell. Think it's like $5 or more for a quart

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Pedialite is expensive as hell. Think it's like $5 or more for a quart
                Yeah it is like $5 but you can get the off brand a little cheaper. I love the grape flavored.

Comment

Just drink water with lemon and add some salt to your first glass of water in the morning. Preferably not white salt since all it has is sodium in it. Get some french sea salt or that pink salt which has many other minerals like potassium. You don't need to spend money on diet drinks, pedialyte, or Gatorade. Guess what pedialyte has in it? Water, Sodium and Potassium hmmm and some other fake coloring. And most of it has some sucralose or some other man made fake sugar in it. It's all marketing. Drink water & add some lemon and minerals to it.

Comment

Well I already have Gatorade for my pwo drink since it has dextrose which is exactly what I want specificly for pwo.

I also have sea salt which I've been adding to my foods.

Comment

Working...
                    X