Can lifting increase estrogen ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can lifting increase estrogen ?

I have been lifting for over a year now, but i've just recently began to cut.I;ve been cutting at 2500 calories with carbs 25% protein 35% fat 40% for about a month now.

I work out mon-fri and take sat/sun off, but I'm having a few issues and can't figure out whats going on.

During my lifting days, despite being in a deficit i look bloated all over... no definition especially my face/waist/belly and chest area.

But the real concern is i also get dull pain under my left nipple along with an itch/tingle that cannot be scratched. My nipple gets puffy and points out and i can't get an erection.

So as you can imagine along with the being bloated looking it is a real motivation killer.

But come Sunday night/Monday morning after not working out for a few days all of the above begins to subside.. i begin to lean out and my nipple pain/sensitivity starts to lessen and my erection begin to improve.

Problem is it all starts back up when i begin lifting again come Monday night.

I have read that exercise particularly lifting increases testosterone, but i have also read that strenuous exercise increases cortisol and in turn estrogen.

So I'm trying to figure out if its cortisol induced estrogen, or my testosterone is so high after lifting it aromatises into estrogen.... or maybe something else ?

I take protein shakes after working out and Vit C/omega 3 and a multi to try and help with the cortisol.. if it is this.

no. possibly something your taking or just in your head but the answer is absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      no. possibly something your taking or just in your head but the answer is absolutely not.
      I don't take anything except protein shakes, vit c, omega 3 and multi's.

I wish it was but i'm not the only one to see the nipple thing... it puffs right out only my left nipple and it hurts/itches bad at it's worst.

And my GF has also noticed after i come back from the gym i look fatter than i did before going.... my face swells up and my waist.

Then there is the erection issue..... no erections till the weekend and i stop lifting.

I thought it was possibly cortisol related as i workout very hard in the gym... sweating everytime... cutting... etc.

Comment

your telling yourself all these issues are related to lifting thus you believe it. placebo pure and simple. could be a hormonal imbalance, could be your diet etc..

training isn't making you fatter and giving you gyno. Come on bro. Lol

Cortisol is a stress hormone released when we are under any kind of physical or mental stress. Any kind of physical activity or stressful situation will raise cortisol to some degree.

What your doing is saying "since cortisol can raise estrogen the gym is causing these problems". That's not the real world bro. We are built to deal with physical and mental stress. You don't get fat and your tits don't grow from the gym. Fact.

Comment

your telling yourself all these issues are related to lifting thus you believe it. placebo pure and simple. could be a hormonal imbalance, could be your diet etc..

training isn't making you fatter and giving you gyno. Come on bro. Lol
          I'm not saying it is making me fatter... i'm saying it is making me bloated... Water weight that subsides when i stop lifting for a few days as does the puffy nipple with it's irritations and pain.

I aint saying it is definitely the cause, but it aint far fetched to believe that someone pushing their body to the limit and on a cutting diet might tax their body and mess with their hormones slightly....

I'm still lifting regardless so it's not like im looking for an excuse to stop lifting... i'm looking for an answer to continue lifting happily....

When i go on my holidays for 2 weeks and relax/dont lift and become a little less strict with my food, when i return home i'm leaner and have none of the above symptoms... yet once i begin training again it all starts over..

That's more than just a coincidence.Cause the same thing happens over the weekend.. every week.

sorry just reread your post, yes that's what i'm getting at..... it may be a hormonal imbalance and or my diet being not as good as i think it is... but these two things dont arise until i begin taxing my body lifting.

So is it possible that my diet or hormones are sufficient for a sedentary person without causing any issues but aint able to stand up to the amount of workload i put on my body daily at the gym causing things to go out of whack?

So lifting might not be the culprit but it stirs the pot.

Comment

Sounds like your better off not training bro. You'll look better just staying home and eating "less strict".

That's how I built my body. That's the secret bro. You figured it out. Don't lift and eat shit and you'll look better!

Not trying to be a dick dude but this is common sense shit. You think athletes and bodybuilders improve their bodies by NOT training? Get real bro. Stop the bs and kill it in the gym.

Comment

2500 calories is not much of a cut unless you have a massive amount of muscle or are obese. I agree with Bouncer, it's all in your head.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

agree with avid. what are your stats

Comment

agree with avid. what are your stats
                  6 foot 2 inches, 250 pounds, 18-19 percent body fat based on the pt at my gyms guesstimate. 37 inch waist.

Comment

Sounds like your better off not training bro. You'll look better just staying home and eating "less strict".

That's how I built my body. That's the secret bro. You figured it out. Don't lift and eat shit and you'll look better!

Not trying to be a dick dude but this is common sense shit. You think athletes and bodybuilders improve their bodies by NOT training? Get real bro. Stop the bs and kill it in the gym.
                    I appreciate that man, but i wish it was all in my head... when i lift half way through the session i begin to bloat up... and when i get back to the flat my left nipple begins to tingle/hurt and puff out.

this cycle continues until i stop working out and take a few days off... it then returns after i start back up.

I'm not saying lifting makes me fat and doing nothing makes me have the body of an Adonis, i'm saying that despite my body losing fat working out..it is hidden by severe bloating and water weight that i can only associate to lifting.. as i eat the same foods when im not lifting.

So it must be hormone related...

since making this topic i have googled and there has been a ton of threads with similar issues on bb forums...

training leading to high cortisol leading to elevated estrogen post workout...
                    s

Comment

Originally posted by stilllearning View Post
                      I appreciate that man, but i wish it was all in my head... when i lift half way through the session i begin to bloat up... and when i get back to the flat my left nipple begins to tingle/hurt and puff out.

this cycle continues until i stop working out and take a few days off... it then returns after i start back up.

I'm not saying lifting makes me fat and doing nothing makes me have the body of an Adonis, i'm saying that despite my body losing fat working out..it is hidden by severe bloating and water weight that i can only associate to lifting.. as i eat the same foods when im not lifting.

So it must be hormone related...

since making this topic i have googled and there has been a ton of threads with similar issues on bb forums...

training leading to high cortisol leading to elevated estrogen post workout...
                      s
                      well go get blood work and see. if estrogen is normal you are wrong. simple as that.

or you could get on something like low dose adex that lowers estro levels. if you still have same issue... well again you are wrong.

Comment

If lifting increases estrogen my ta ta's should be double d's.

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
                          If lifting increases estrogen my ta ta's should be double d's.
                          they are...:rofl::rofl:

Comment

no not unless your a women

do you have a lot of body fat. that's major contributor to high estrogen in males

like B was saying get blood work done. I think its coincidence if its truly an issue.

I personally would try taking Nolvadex 20mg EOD or 10mg ED if you want to block estrogen (aromatase blocker).

Comment

Working...
                            X