Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effect of cannabis on glutamate signalling in the brain: A systematic review of human

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect of cannabis on glutamate signalling in the brain: A systematic review of human

Abstract

Use of cannabis or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), its main psychoactive ingredient, is associated with psychotic symptoms or disorder. However, the neurochemical mechanism that may underlie this psychotomimetic effect is poorly understood. Although dopaminergic dysfunction is generally recognized as the final common pathway in psychosis, evidence of the effects of Δ9-THC or cannabis use on dopaminergic measures in the brain is equivocal. In fact, it is thought that cannabis or Δ9-THC may not act on dopamine firing directly but indirectly by altering glutamate neurotransmission. Here we systematically review all studies examining acute and chronic effects of cannabis or Δ9-THC on glutamate signalling in both animals and man. Limited research carried out in humans tends to support the evidence that chronic cannabis use reduces levels of glutamate-derived metabolites in both cortical and subcortical brain areas. Research in animals tends to consistently suggest that Δ9-THC depresses glutamate synaptic transmission via CB1 receptor activation, affecting glutamate release, inhibiting receptors and transporters function, reducing enzyme activity, and disrupting glutamate synaptic plasticity after prolonged exposure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

and what does any of that mean in simple terms? it helps people who have fucked up dopamine levels or what?

Comment

Cannabis has helped me alot during benzos withdrawals. I am almost down to my lowest taper dose of 2mgs. Without canna i would be a wreck. Lowers glutamate while gaba receptors heal. Been a long 10 years of use.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        and what does any of that mean in simple terms? it helps people who have fucked up dopamine levels or what?
        Two main neurotransmitters. Gaba(chilled/calmed) and glutamate(focus/excitement). What benzo does it downregulates your gaba receptors and increases glutamate. Not good when there is no balance.
        You feel off and suicidal sometimes when waves hit.
        I haven't drank a whey protein or taking bcass. Because whey has glutamine and the other aminos that increase glutamate.

Comment

Bori, do you have a link to the original paper? I would like to read it.

Since glutamate is the key neurotraasmitter in the brain and therefore glutamate signalling is the key mechanism for communication between neurons, any disruption or suppression of glutamate activity is bad news for mental processes - learning, memory, etc.

I would like to read the original article, but the old adage of pot making you dumb may have some legs after all.

Comment

i feel like benzos cause more harm then they help. you put someone who is fucked up on that shit and it's a god damn impossibility to get them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              Bori, do you have a link to the original paper? I would like to read it.

Since glutamate is the key neurotraasmitter in the brain and therefore glutamate signalling is the key mechanism for communication between neurons, any disruption or suppression of glutamate activity is bad news for mental processes - learning, memory, etc.

I would like to read the original article, but the old adage of pot making you dumb may have some legs after all.
              Here you go

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26987641/

Yes glutamate is key, but to much with little gaba recepter is no bueno

Comment

i feel like benzos cause more harm then they help. you put someone who is fucked up on that shit and it's a god damn impossibility to get them off.
                Worst drugs to get off. Imagine , the half life the shit i take is 100 fucking hours. Shits are only meant for short term. But pharma industry don't give a fuck...
                Wish i googled about this shit when they prescribed me my first benzo

Comment

You know what ruins cannabis?!.. fucking social media...
                  People abuse it and do all types of weird shit for likes.
                  For example i watched one video of some dude trying to offer a cop a joint.
                  If the cop was an asshole he could of easily wrapped his ass up..
                  People like that ruined cannabis for the community.
                  Just stay home and chill the fuck out

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                    You know what ruins cannabis?!.. fucking social media...
                    People abuse it and do all types of weird shit for likes.
                    For example i watched one video of some dude trying to offer a cop a joint.
                    If the cop was an asshole he could of easily wrapped his ass up..
                    People like that ruined cannabis for the community.
                    Just stay home and chill the fuck out

Ruined? Not here. People smoke that shit in public here. Not sure how it is in your Nazi country.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruined? Not here. People smoke that shit in public here. Not sure how it is in your Nazi country.

U missed the point.

Weed is illegal here

Comment

U missed the point.

Weed is illegal here

That is the point asshole! Nazi state!

Comment

U missed the point.

Weed is illegal here

Illegal? Bah fuck the Germs.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                            Illegal? Bah fuck the Germs.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            It's a grey area... only medicinal legal and its a bitch to get cause u gota be prety much dying..they don't fuck with u with small amounts

But yup. Growin is hella illegal.

Comment

America is so far ahead of backwards ass Europe on so many levels it's insane. you live in the stone age.

you don't even have real markets you can trade and you aren't allowed to trade our markets. LOL. place needs to be nuked.

Comment

Working...
                              X