Tanning bed... how often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanning bed... how often?

I was wondering how many of you guys go to the tanning bed and how often you go? and do you guys think the pricey lotion works better than the cheap lotion?

Right now i am tanning 7 days a week.( for just this week) i am trying to get a good base so i can just go like 2 or 3 times a week and stay dark.. I have used both pricey (like 50 a bottle) and cheap shit( it was like 13 bulks) and i got about the same tan so i just buy the cheap stuff to save my money for other stuff..

LC

MOD~ please delete.. wrong forum.. i should ask in the self-care forum..

Comment

I just tan. I don't use any lotions for tanning I think it's a waste of money. Just use lotion after you shower to keep your skin from drying out.

I do like you, a bunch of sessions till I get my base, then once a week is usually enough depending on your skin type.

Comment

yep.. I have done that before cowgirl... actually my friend does it like that too(doesn't use tanning lotion) and she look just as dark as me... but i have really dry skin so using lotion helps with the dry skin.

LC

Comment

good lotion works... you get what you pay for in the tanning industry. if you like, i can get you the more expensive stuff at my cost and send it to you (+shipping). that way you'll get the benefit of the better lotions at half their retail cost. just P/M me :)

Comment

NO WAY!! thats so cool.. thanks hun..

Comment

no problem... that goes for anyone here too. if you need anything just P/M me and i'll see what i can do.

Comment

do tanning beds actually work. I wanna gotoone here cause mylegs are white and my skin is tanned

Comment

Yes the work.. i love them.. the only down fall to them i think.. Is you will become more tan on your back and butt(if you lay on your back) or your stomach will be dark if you lay on your stomach. i have a problem because i am pretty tall and some bed i can fit all the way in.. so it sucks.. but i usually work it out some how..

I used to have problem with my side tanning but i fixed that problem by tanning with my hands up and behind my head.. it help tan my underarms and my sides LD so there is always a way to fix things..

LC

Comment

thanks FG.. good info too

Comment

yea i tan prob 4 xs a week ...a good lotion is a must but also a must is a moisture lotion to..keeps your skin from drying out and keeps a dark tan

Comment

Depending on what type of salon you go to, exclusive or "Po-house Tanning," tanning lotions can increase each session up to 40%. That's getting more "tan" for your $$$. Once you have the descent base you want, you don't have to cram your sessions for the deeper tan required for either contest, vacation, etc. Just my 2cc's though. Pneck

Comment

Originally posted by Liftingchic
                          Yes the work.. i love them.. the only down fall to them i think.. Is you will become more tan on your back and butt(if you lay on your back) or your stomach will be dark if you lay on your stomach. i have a problem because i am pretty tall and some bed i can fit all the way in.. so it sucks.. but i usually work it out some how..
                          LC
                          You should find a new tanning salon if you don't fit in the beds...I'm 6'4" and never had a problem with fitting in the beds.

Comment

I have a Sun tanning bed at home. It was made in 1990, so the bulbs only put out 105 watts compared to the 160 watt bulbs today. The newer beds fry my butt even after a good base. What I like about my bed is that you stand up in it, so there is no shading anywhere, or stickiness to the plastic when you sweat. Once I have a base, I will tan 15 minutes every day except Sat and Sun. I use no tanning lotions per se', but do use a good moisturizing cream. With the relatively low wattage, the booth keeps me really dark with no burning at all after establishment of a good base. BB

Comment

Originally posted by fitness-girl
                              You should always rotate while in a tanning bed. Say if your tanning for 20 min. spend 10 on your stomach and 10 on your back. This eliminates the white spots you get on your butt and shoulder blades and also creating a more even tan. Have you ever noticed one side to be darker then the other? It because your back is closer to the bulbs. Also another reason to rotate is because 99% of tanning salons don't change every bulb in the bed at once. You never know if they have changed them which would make one side stronger then the other. People always used to come up to me after their tan and ask why they burnt on one side when they normally do that same tanning time with no problems.

I move all the time..i tan 15 mins.. 5 on back 5 on side 5 on stomach.

LC :angel:

Comment

Working...
                              X