Back again after torn achilles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again after torn achilles

When last active on the forum, I had some small tears in the tendon. Finally completely tore to the point where the doc had to take the tendon from my big toe and fuse it with the achilles. One of the few reasons I disappeared. Without a doubt the worse injury/recovery I have ever gone through. Took almost a year from surgery to be able to walk properly. For your viewing pleasures. Hoping I can resume life, lifting, no further injuries, and a active poster again.

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
    When last active on the forum, I had some small tears in the tendon. Finally completely tore to the point where the doc had to take the tendon from my big toe and fuse it with the achilles. One of the few reasons I disappeared. Without a doubt the worse injury/recovery I have ever gone through. Took almost a year from surgery to be able to walk properly. For your viewing pleasures. Hoping I can resume life, lifting, no further injuries, and a active poster again.
    Looks pretty serious bro. How long were you away from gym? Probably a skinny shit now! :D

Comment

From surgery to being able to walk without braces, boots, etc... Almost a year. Skinny...... Not so much. Making up for it now

Comment

From surgery to being able to walk without braces, boots, etc... Almost a year. Skinny...... Not so much. Making up for it now
        I tore mine about 8 years ago and had to have it surgically repaired, My recovery was only about 3 months and I haven't had any problems since. Extremely painful injury from my experience.

Comment

Wish I could say the same. Had to have a ligament fused into mine. Really cant feel my big toe anymore. To date I've torn my rotator/laberal, 2 bicep tears, 5 knee surgeries and without a doubt this is the worse. You young guys, take care of your tendons. Stretch....

Comment

Wish I could say the same. Had to have a ligament fused into mine. Really cant feel my big toe anymore. To date I've torn my rotator/laberal, 2 bicep tears, 5 knee surgeries and without a doubt this is the worse. You young guys, take care of your tendons. Stretch....
            what exactly are you doing to be tearing up your body so bad? genetic you think or are you doing something in the gym that is more extreme than the rest of us? 5 knee surgeries? i feel like you gotta be doing something you shouldn't be doing.

Comment

All the knee issues started when I was a young strapping lad in the military. I've had a couple of tears and a failed Oat's procedure where the cartilage did not work so I'm bone on bone. Will need a new knee but doc is telling me to hold off as long as possible. Afraid if I have it done now I may need another one later in life and will be harder to recover. Lets see, shoulders were just from many years of lifting and to be honest it feels fine. Bicep tear was from single arm hammer strength rows. The achilles was a ongoing problem. I used to run alot and always worked calves 3 x a week. To be honest, I started lifting in my teens in the 80's and just really didnt do much stretching, couple of warm up sets and then full bore workout.

Comment

All the knee issues started when I was a young strapping lad in the military. I've had a couple of tears and a failed Oat's procedure where the cartilage did not work so I'm bone on bone. Will need a new knee but doc is telling me to hold off as long as possible. Afraid if I have it done now I may need another one later in life and will be harder to recover. Lets see, shoulders were just from many years of lifting and to be honest it feels fine. Bicep tear was from single arm hammer strength rows. The achilles was a ongoing problem. I used to run alot and always worked calves 3 x a week. To be honest, I started lifting in my teens in the 80's and just really didnt do much stretching, couple of warm up sets and then full bore workout.
                you should really be on GH bro. proabably low dose deca for comfort.

Comment

Once I'm ready to start doing my thing again, I will start picking your brain like the old days. It's coming don't worry. Speaking of old days, you still in the Republic of Kalifornia? That old oriental woman that was steeling your flip flops ever finally get your eggroll?

Comment

Any lessons learned, obvious causes and what is your view on supplements ?

Comment

Hey Mr. I glad to see you're still around as well. Lessons learned, stretch before and after the workouts. I think the constant high volume heavy weights without layoffs took its toll. I really dont do any supplements beside my whey and gatorade powder post work out. Would like opinions on joint supplements if anyone has any input. People recommend deca but was wondering if there was anything OTC I can take or is it all snake oil

Comment

Hey Mr. I glad to see you're still around as well. Lessons learned, stretch before and after the workouts. I think the constant high volume heavy weights without layoffs took its toll. I really dont do any supplements beside my whey and gatorade powder post work out. Would like opinions on joint supplements if anyone has any input. People recommend deca but was wondering if there was anything OTC I can take or is it all snake oil
                        you think gear added to your injuries? did you use many "Drying" type drugs? i'm thinking of stuff like winny where you are more prone to injury. joint supps.. ehh not really. GH even really low dose is 10 million times better than any supp.

Comment

Nope, all my injuries were prior to using anything. Only other thing I forgot to include was that I do fish oil caps daily. I'm going to be very careful this time around. Warming up thoroughly both before and after lifting.

Comment

Working...
                          X