New Camera, thought I'd post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camera, thought I'd post

Ok so, I've been on here for a while and I've imparted some of my wisdom and ethics to the board... Like a month ago I got a camera and now after going to a pool party and being one of the few with a shirt on last week, I need to actually get my act together.

I'm 6'2-3" and weigh about 242. No Idea about BF%. But the goal in mind is to look trim. Not a lot of Cardio or weight training in like 2 yrs bc I kinda just slacked off and went down to those 12oz curls...That and I also kinda had a natural limbo deal I mean I've always had some fat on me but now I'm kind of tired of it.

So, I need ideas and some constructive criticism...Yeah Yeah I know I'm a fat ass right now but I'm willing to go however far I have to if somebody will just point me in the right direction.

Thanks people!
    Last edited by Pheonix782; 08-10-05, 06:36 PM.

just jump in with both feet....

start putting together an exerxise routine and tightening up your diet... then stick with it.

Comment

^^Yeah, what he said. If you want some input on diet, post your proposed diet and we can help. It would help to start with calculating your BMR, so you know how many cals to eat to lose weight. Then hit the cardio and the weights and in no time, you'll see the difference. A guy at work just started a diet and he's lost 25lbs in two weeks!! He's about 5'9" 230lbs so he was bigger than you but big differences really help the motivation. You'll be glad you took the before pics cause it's easy to forget where you came from. I don't have any and really wish I did. Good luck!

Comment

do as much research as possible bro, keep yourself motivated no matter what and you'll see great results. Good luck

Comment

cardio. you need to burn some calories.ad some weights in and keep working up.and the biggest thing is start watching your diet cut out the sweets and soda and drink lots of water.dont get discouraged you can do it!

Comment

Start with a diet overhaul. Make a plan and stick to it. Do a little research here and post up what you think would be a good plan for you. Pick proteins that you like, veggies you like, and omit all breads and pasta's substituting whole oats and brown rice instead.

Find the right supplements to use. EFA's are important. Find a good protein powder to use also.

Then do the same with a training routine. I'd focus on building some muscle first and then when your fat loss slows down add in cardio. By putting some muscle on ya first, you'll be burning more cal's even when you're doing nothing.

Drink water, a minimum of a gallon a day to start out with and cut back on caffine and avoid all regular sodas and juices, anything with sugar.

Good luck! If you stick to your plan, within 3 months you'll see some major improvements.

Comment

Ok So as far as Cardio right now I'm kinda just jogging/running for 30 min 3-4 times a week. As far as a weight lifting routine, I haven't really done anything definite in like 2 yrs and even then it was like Monday upper body Tuesday Lower Body Rest Wed. Thursday Upper Friday Lower, Rest weekend. Each day doing two exercises that utilized the major muscle groups of the region and two exercises that targeted individual areas, An example would be Monday Bench Press and Lat Pull down for Majors and freeweight Bicep Curls and Dumbell fly's Then the next day Upper Body it would be something like Triceps and some kind of Row. The Idea is that through studies they've found that You over work your muscle and if you do more than two kinds of lifts to it. Like if you did a Day of Chest, yes you do Bench Press and all these other chest and or arm exercise but you're just re-working them out. Like there's no point in doing dips and tri ext. on the same day you bench bc you're working your tricep in all 3 exercises and it suffers the most/ takes the longer to heal. So yeah I'm kinda throwing that out there as far as a plan and seeing what people think. As far as diet. I think it's just watching soda, fast food, and those damn sweets..... So if I cut all that out, I do eat healthy, just not with all that in the mix.

I heard cutting the carbs helps, but you're putting your body in a state of ketosis by doing so and you're preventing it from actually building healthy muscle. Yeah maybe I'll do it when I cut, But I'm kinda on Puddles' mode of thinking, build some decent muscle first that way I'm burning more when I cut. Anyway, anybody have any other ideas? Think differently? I'll post in like 2 wks to a month...I have a wedding to go to next week for a friend so that's why I'm giving myself like a month to post a nex pic...there's gonna be cake there and I like cake and I'm not going to not eat cake for one day because of something self induced, I can just run for 15 more min. or whatever and it's over with. Lemme know what y'all think, Later!

Comment

Where's the pic???

Where's the pic???

Comment

Working...
                X