Favorite Cutting or Bulking Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Cutting or Bulking Recipes

Let's share some good stuff here. I know we all get board eating the same thing for weeks on end...maybe we'll find a new favorite from someone. :)

Excellent idea, Mrs P. :) I start it off with a very simple chicken dish. Can't mess this up and it's sooooooo yummy. :)

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 jar of Pace chunky salsa
    shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place the chicken in a single layer in the dish. Pour the jar of salsa over the top, spreading out to cover all the chicken. Cover dish with lid or alluminum foil. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes.(always check for doneness when cooking chicken) If you want to add the cheese, simply sprinkle over the top and put under the broiler till melted.

Comment

Sounds yummy and easy, Ducky. Got a carb count on a jar of salsa?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
        Sounds yummy and easy, Ducky. Got a carb count on a jar of salsa?
        Comes in at 1g per serving which is approx a half cup. (Pace brand) I'm not good at conversions but for a 16 oz jar I'd hazzard a guess at approx 6g for the whole jar.

Comment

Cutting - Chicken Soup

4 lb. bag of chicken tenders
          1 onion chopped up
          a few carrots and stalks of cellery chopped up
          a handful of fresh Italian parsley and any other seasonings you like
          a few strips of roasted peppers chopped into little bits
          mushrooms (a bag of frozen ones will due)
          couple of teaspoons of chopped garlic
          oil for browning garlic and onions
          chicken bullion or stock (Tone's chicken paste from Sam's Club is great for soups...couple of teaspoons)
          half cup of white wine (to deglaze the pan and add some good flavor)

brown or wild rice (cooked seperately)

Start some water boiling with the chicken bullion or stock, about a gallon or a little more. When it's boiling add in your chicken tenders.

While that's cooking...

In a nonstick frying pan (high heat) puor just a little olive oil (about a tsp.) and brown the onions, add in the garlic after the onions are brown so it doesn't burn, then add in the chopped roasted peppers and cook until the moisture has evaporated. Take the mixture out of the pan and put the pan back on high heat and deglaze the pan with the wine until it's about half reduced and pour it on top of the onion mixture.

By this time your chicken should be cooked enough to take out of the pot and cool off so that you can crumble or cut it into smaller pieces (just remove the chicken pieces, leave the broth). Now add in the chopped onion mixture, chopped carrots and cellery, seasonings, and mushrooms and continue boiling on a medium heat. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, either crumble it by hand or chop it up into small pieces and add back into the pot. Cook for about 20 minutes.

In another pot make some rice. I like to keep it seperate so that I can have my carb meals seperately. Just add rice when you heat up the soup.

Comment

Originally posted by rubberduckyo
            Comes in at 1g per serving which is approx a half cup. (Pace brand) I'm not good at conversions but for a 16 oz jar I'd hazzard a guess at approx 6g for the whole jar.
            I'm askin cuz I've really got to watch the carbs. When I'm cutting I gotta stick to about 60/day.

FYI, I got my Pace Salsa jar out, it says 2g carbs per 2 tbsp which comes out to about 20g for 16 oz. Not too bad considering I'd have 1/3 for a meal. Thanks! :)

Comment

Bulking - Protein Shakes

Buy your bannanas, peal them and freeze them in a ziploc baggie. When you make your protein shake, toss a frozen bannana and a couple tbsp. natty peanutbutter in...yummmmy! The frozen bannana gives the shake a really nice texture.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
                I'm askin cuz I've really got to watch the carbs. When I'm cutting I gotta stick to about 60/day.

FYI, I got my Pace Salsa jar out, it says 2g carbs per 2 tbsp which comes out to about 20g for 16 oz. Not too bad considering I'd have 1/3 for a meal. Thanks! :)
                Hmmm...........that's very odd. I'll have to check when I get home tonight. Is it the mild, medium or hot you have? Chunky or regular?

Comment

Chunky, mild.

Comment

It's quite possible I'm maistaken. I'll check when I get home from work. Still pretty low none-the-less. :)

Comment

Originally posted by rubberduckyo
                      Still pretty low none-the-less. :)
                      Yup...made me happy! :)

Comment

I have some vegetarian recipes for you all that I have to dig up. If anyone has anything good that's vegetarian, post up! Maybe some variations of cottage cheese or something? :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X