No announcement yet.

What's wrong with my back development?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with my back development?

Hey guys, I'm posting a couple of pictures of my back. I want to improve its weak points. I'm 6 feet tall and I weigh around 165 pounds. I'm not sure if my upper back is a weak point or not. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    cgandenb1
    Attached Files

The first thing I notice is the lats needing some more mass to give you more shape.

Comment

Great detail, but you need to gain some thickness.

Whats your training like?

Comment

The back routine that I've been doing once per week is:

Close-Grip Pulldowns - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
        Wide-Grip Behind the Neck Chins - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
        *I do assisted chins to get any reps that I'm unable complete on regular chins
        One-Arm Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
        Bent-Over Barbell Rows - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
        Shrugs - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
        Bent-Over Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 8-10 reps

Someone told me that my upper back is lagging behind my lower back. I'm not sure if they were right or if they didn't know what they were talking about. I've been researching back development since then, and the more I've read about it the more confused I've gotten.

Thank you,
        cgandenb1

Comment

More importantly. What is your diet like??

Comment

^yep. how old are you? eat bro! i would add deads, but your diet is def. not righteous.

the 2nd pic is just wierd.
            Last edited by NYCmitch25; 07-10-06, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah, more food and some deads would do you some good

Comment

You need to build power and mass, cut down your No of total sets, cut your excercises down to say three excercises of three sets at 8-12 reps a set and train harder;

EG

shoulder width pulldowns 3 sets
                Bent over rows 3 sets
                One arm dumbells 3 sets

every other weak substitute deadlifts for bent over rows (keep good form)

Up your protien intake

Comment

If you need any info on deadlifts, drop me a PM. I've been to a few powerlifting meets and have a good form. I started out about your size about 5 years ago. I went from pulling 225# max DL to 550# raw now days at a 215# body weight. I think I could pull around 600 if I got some serious training in, but anyhow, deadlifts are an awesome exercise for building some mass but you must do them right.

Knox

Comment

dont bother. you'll never see him again. most likely he got made fun of in his teen forum and was desperately seeking aproval from someone

what a homo.

Comment

Originally posted by cgandenb1
                      The back routine that I've been doing once per week is:

Close-Grip Pulldowns - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
                      Wide-Grip Behind the Neck Chins - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
                      *I do assisted chins to get any reps that I'm unable complete on regular chins
                      One-Arm Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
                      Bent-Over Barbell Rows - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
                      Shrugs - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
                      Bent-Over Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 8-10 reps

Someone told me that my upper back is lagging behind my lower back. I'm not sure if they were right or if they didn't know what they were talking about. I've been researching back development since then, and the more I've read about it the more confused I've gotten.

Thank you,
                      cgandenb1
                      This "someone" apparently doesn't know what the hell they're looking at. Not that I'm the expert here, but even my dumb ass can tell that at 6', 165lb you need to put on alot more mass before you become too concerned about which body parts are "lagging". It drives me nuts when people give advice like that. It's obvious they just want to look like they're knowledgeable.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by cgandenb1
                        Hey guys, I'm posting a couple of pictures of my back. I want to improve its weak points. I'm 6 feet tall and I weigh around 165 pounds. I'm not sure if my upper back is a weak point or not. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
                        cgandenb1
                        Some people have given you some great advice. Your back has nice detail and your upper is not lacking from your lower back. You should seriously consider deadlifting to put some mass on. STICK to the BASICS, deadlift first and then do some bent over rows as you are doing. Low rows are very good also. But don't worry so much about all the exercises that provide definition right now. Be careful not to overtrain the lowerback. Twice as much rest for the lower back as the upper. good luck dude

Comment

Working...
                        X