Here is a pic of me after my strength cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a pic of me after my strength cycle

In response to the glove being thrown here is about a 4 week old pic of me when I came off the power lifting strength cycle kind too round and smooth for my taste and I don't like what the bench press has done to my pec shape. Hey B, notice the redneck hat!:rofl: BTW I am 5'7" 206 lbs in this pic. Just for info I was competing in the 198 lbs weight class put up 1300 lbs combined lift.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3v1lj03; 07-20-09, 09:21 AM.

Not bad, sounds like good lifting too, you look like stonecold, how do you mean about the bench/chest shape

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
      Not bad, sounds like good lifting too, you look like stonecold, how do you mean about the bench/chest shape
      It has made them much rounder in the middle and the bottom edge. However they did get much thicker in those spots so if I can keep the thickness and get the definition back that will be great.

Comment

Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
        It has made them much rounder in the middle and the bottom edge. However they did get much thicker in those spots so if I can keep the thickness and get the definition back that will be great.
        dont be so picky with shit like that. work on getting some size into those legs and arms and then worry about shapes. :agreed:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          dont be so picky with shit like that. work on getting some size into those legs and arms and then worry about shapes. :agreed:
          Yea I have been working on that for many years I don't think there is much hope.

Comment

Yea I have been working on that for many years I don't think there is much hope.
            what do you do for legs?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              what do you do for legs?
              When? What haven't I done for legs LOL. Here is what I am doing right now
              Squats 6 X 10
              Front Squats 3 X 10
              Strait Leg Deadlift 4 X 10
              Donkey Calf Raises (heavy) 3 X 4
              Seated Calf Raises (Light) 6 X 20
              Leg Extensions 3 X 12

Comment

When? What haven't I done for legs LOL. Here is what I am doing right now
                Squats 6 X 10
                Front Squats 3 X 10
                Strait Leg Deadlift 4 X 10
                Donkey Calf Raises (heavy) 3 X 4
                Seated Calf Raises (Light) 6 X 20
                Leg Extensions 3 X 12
                Do you squat free weight or smith, I find the smith puts it more on the front thigh, free weight more on hams and glutes. you loo like you need to fill that gap between your legs a bit more, feet at 10 to 2 style to work the inner thigh, legs arn't bad just need a lil more width

Comment

Do you squat free weight or smith, I find the smith puts it more on the front thigh, free weight more on hams and glutes. you loo like you need to fill that gap between your legs a bit more, feet at 10 to 2 style to work the inner thigh, legs arn't bad just need a lil more width
                  Hey thanks for the input and the good words Mr I.

Remember I am old therefore I lift old school free weights I only go over to the girls side (machines) when there is no alternative or I just want to see more women. :thumup: I vary my stance on sets but for the most part I squat like you say 10 and 2 now I have only been doing it that way for 8 months or so I always before did it the old Platz way feet close together and strait forward. I agree that the shape of the leg is OK it just needs filled in, same with the arms. I think I am starting to make some progress with the arms But, I can't be sure they look better to me but the measurements don't show improvement.

I don't know if this helps with the diagnosis but my legs are extremely hard and dense. The rest of my body is hard but the quads are like rocks I always assumed this was due to very strong fascia (not sure SP) which is preventing me from putting on mass.

Comment

yeah when I competed I needed more width and my mentor at the time made me leg press 5 sets per workout ging heavier and heavier with my feet ou towards the top outer part of the foot plate at 10-2, it worked for me.

Also on arms I love doing an arms day and supersetting bis and tris, just don't get quite enough time these days so pt them with shoulders or chest, but it did seem to work for me and allowed me to use heavier weights pain free. If you don't wanna leg press you might try smith or indeed free weight but instead of down, up, rest, don't lock out. no need to go too heavy pick a weight you'd be able to get 12-15 reps with and work from 90 degrees to nearly up but don't lock out, don't rush the reps take your time under tension

Comment

Looks good.

no need to go too heavy pick a weight you'd be able to get 12-15 reps
                      I took this advice and applied it to my whole workout routine, It has been 8 weeks training this way and I have noticed positive results.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
                        Looks good.

I took this advice and applied it to my whole workout routine, It has been 8 weeks training this way and I have noticed positive results.
                        What positive results have you noticed?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                          What positive results have you noticed?
                          Mainly an overall increase in size.

Comment

Working...
                          X