My Doberman/Pit Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Doberman/Pit Mix

Here she is looking goofy after waking up.
    Attached Files

CHillin and being cute:
    Attached Files

Comment

Good lookin' dog.

Comment

GOOD LOOKIN DOG

Comment

Cute, but please don't ever leave kids unattended with this dog.

I have four labs. I could leave them alone with a barbeque sauce covered baby and come back to find a clean and happy sticky baby. But, I wouldn't trust your mix. Yes, I have had a sweet pit before when I was in my early 20s.

Comment

Fl8, I wouldn't leave her around children just because I got her when she was 9 months and never socialized her around kids since then (and of course, I don't know if her previous owners ever did either). Not because of her breed makeup though. She loves people, cats, dogs - everything. She has an amazing temperment. Sweet as hell, to everyone and everything.

Last edited by VeggieLifterGal; 01-16-04, 04:24 AM.

Comment

You know what breed has the worst bite record with children, don't you? The Golden Retriever. Irreponsible overbreeding has resulted in too many mentally unstable dogs. But it seems to only make the news when its a pit. :rolleyes:

One of my biggest concerns with this dog, believe it or not, is that I won't be able to rely on her for protection when and if the time comes. She's actually kind of a wimp. Not a shred of aggression in her.
              Last edited by VeggieLifterGal; 01-16-04, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fl8meplz
                Cute, but please don't ever leave kids unattended with this dog.

I have four labs. I could leave them alone with a barbeque sauce covered baby and come back to find a clean and happy sticky baby. But, I wouldn't trust your mix. Yes, I have had a sweet pit before when I was in my early 20s.
                stereotype much :dunno:

Comment

True bite records by breed are a myth. They are not accurately kept. But, my opinion is that there are worse breeds right out of the box and that would be the Terriers and Schnauzers. Terrier means "Face Bitter" in german I think....

:rofl:

Originally posted by VeggieLifterGal
                  You know what breed has the worst bite record with children, don't you? The Golden Retriever. Irreponsible overbreeding has resulted in too many mentally unstable dogs. But it seems to only make the news when its a pit. :rolleyes:

One of my biggest concerns with this dog, believe it or not, is that I won't be able to rely on her for protection when and if the time comes. She's actually kind of a wimp. Not a shred of aggression in her.

Comment

Originally posted by John ROAR
                    stereotype much :dunno:

Don't worry.. I don't judge people by the color of thier skin. I jugde them by the size of their nostrils.

Comment

Originally posted by fl8meplz
                      Don't worry.. I don't judge people by the color of thier skin. I jugde them by the size of their nostrils.
                      and that is awful lol :eek:

Comment

terrier is a latin word for ground. Terriers are bred to go underground for game and vermin. Dont buy into media hype. No dog should ever be left alone with a child wether you trust him or not. Media hype and everyone who buys into it is the reason we have rediculous laws that try to protect us from ourselfs. Lawmakers feel it necessary to legistlate all that is dangerous out of existence as if waving a magical law like a wand will make it go away. All in order to apease the uniformed public that scream with outrage every time a news headline is released. They do it to bolster their reelection hopes, the media does it to bolster ratings, and the public eat it up hook line and sinker.

Comment

Originally posted by golilla
                          terrier is a latin word for ground. Terriers are bred to go underground for game and vermin. Dont buy into media hype. No dog should ever be left alone with a child wether you trust him or not. Media hype and everyone who buys into it is the reason we have rediculous laws that try to protect us from ourselfs. Lawmakers feel it necessary to legistlate all that is dangerous out of existence as if waving a magical law like a wand will make it go away. All in order to apease the uniformed public that scream with outrage every time a news headline is released. They do it to bolster their reelection hopes, the media does it to bolster ratings, and the public eat it up hook line and sinker.

I don't base my view of small vicious dogs on media hype. I base it on cold hard experience. My mother has three of these little vicious "babies" she calls them. One of them is a pomeranian and it's the most vicious of all. You have to be very careful not to startle it or she will rip your hand open with her sharp teeth like a pirrahna.

Plus I was bitten as a child - I had done nothing. I walked into a room next to my mom and a little nasty ass terrier bit every extremity it could get hold of before they could get oven mits and get it off of me. I had done nothing except walk into the room quietly. Labradors don't do this kind of crazy shit. Labs are bred to not puncture skin or crush bone of retrieved game.

Boy this thread got off track - lol. Sorry Veggie - he does look very cute and probably is a really sweet goofy dog.

Comment

your mother should have put those dogs down as any responsible owner should. Again key word is responsible sounds like your mom is not, or she would have made sure those dogs were well trained or put down either way I dont blame the dogs. there are nasty labs just like there are nasty terriers and humans you can't base your opinion on a bad childhood experience. Labs are no more wonderful than any other dog.

Comment

i had a golden that i just had to put to sleep the other day cause of cancer. She was only 11 or 12 but she could hardly walk. I would trust her with a newborn baby, you could kick her in the face and she wouldnt hurt you. I just bought a newfoudland and i should have it in a week.

Comment

Working...
                              X