Natty nut butters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natty nut butters...

OK...with regular peanut butter I just keep it at room temp., but what about natural stuff? I've got peanut and almond and I don't want them to spoil...can they be kept at room temp too?

Put'em in the fridge.

Comment

Yeah, put it in the fridge.
      Remember, peanuts arent the best choice of nuts because of the fat content. The best two are almonds and walnuts.

I chew 100g of walnuts a day.

Comment

My hubby will NOT eat anything but natty P-nut butter. Kept in fridge as well.

I'm with Stig- I eat only RAW almonds !

Once in awile I also eat boiled soy beans. Not many peeps like 'em but I do!

Comment

I go through natty PB fast, up to 3 jars a week, so I keep it in the pantry so its nice and soft, just stir before spooning. I never drain the oil off either, thats one of the main reasons I get PB is for the good fats. Well, that and it tastes so damn good!!

Comment

Good question FB. I was wondering the same.

Comment

Jif has some hyrdongenated oils in it to keep it from seperating.

Comment

Originally posted by THEVIXEN
                Once in awile I also eat boiled soy beans. Not many peeps like 'em but I do!
                Edamame right? I love those.

Comment

Shibby- I actually get the beans from a friend who has a farm!

Comment

If I didn't go through my tubs of Natty PB so quickly, I would probably keep it in the fridge but I don't like how it gets kinda hard in the fridge. So, I generally keep it in the pantry.:)
                    mmmmmm.....natty peanut butter!:D

Comment

My natty butters only have the nuts in them ground up. Jiff has addes salt, sugar, and oils.

I'll keep the peanut butter out since that's hubby's and he eats it fast...the almond is mine and the little tub will probably last me over a month if hubby keeps his paws out of it...it's going in the fridge. Thanks folks!

Comment

Working...
                      X