Slow burning carb ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow burning carb ideas...

... where im living right now, you cant buy sweet potato, oats or brown right. thus, im stuck for ideas of carbs to eat which are slow burning. ive been eating mostly whole wheat bread but i know that it isnt an ideal source. does anyone have any ideas of other good sources? thanks a lot,
    j

When you ingest carbs with fat (good Fats) it slows down their obsortion. Ie Peanut Butter with Oatmeal. So I would try that route with what ever carbs you can get your hands on, something like a hand full of nuts and white rice.

Comment

thanks for the advice. ill do that

Comment

Isn't it bad adding carbs and fat? Well you could use like oatmeal of course sweet patatoe.......but they say to have protien and fat 2gether and carb and proteien 2gehter..

Comment

where do you live where you can't get these food items but you have access to the internet?

Comment

paraguay... im taking a year off between highschool and university. there are south american equivilants to these foods but im not so sure about their quality... eg. corn instead of wheat etc. there is a root here called potato dulce which means sweet potato but it resembles a normal potato more than a yam

Comment

I eat alot of apples and oranges for complex carbs. Red potatoes are more complex than simple. Any bread that has alot of whole grain, don't know what you have abailable.

Comment

they have whole grain wheat there. but also order Oatmeal via mail. quite sure they have that too. better research where your gonna live. fruits are pure sugar just have to eat less at one time and more frequent

Comment

well thanks for the replies, but i was in Paraguay about 5 years ago haha. i haven't even posted on this website for years, i just received an email saying someone replied to my thread. good to know tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                    well thanks for the replies, but i was in Paraguay about 5 years ago haha. i haven't even posted on this website for years, i just received an email saying someone replied to my thread. good to know tho!
                    lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post

ahaha - love when people reply to threads that are 4+ years old :wacko:

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                        ahaha - love when people reply to threads that are 4+ years old :wacko:
                        it was actually a spammer that had replied to the thread and then kiev responded thinking it was new. understandable.

Comment

Working...
                        X