Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLease help me finish off the fat thats left!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLease help me finish off the fat thats left!!!

Hello,
    My name is James and I am currently 18 years old. When I graduated from high school, I weighed 180lbs and I was 5'7. I was never in shape but I wanted to change my looks for college. Heck, I even had trouble running a mile. Now for my freshman year at college, I lost over 30lbs and I currently weigh an average of 150lbs. I recently took a body fitness test and it showed that i am 11.8% fat. It also showed that my heart was in really good shape because of all the cardio i have done. I am very happy from my results but I want to finish off the fat that is covering my abs and chest. I have always had a gut since the day I was born, so I believe it is still, "baby fat." So, i started to count calories everyday and i even planned out a diet plan for the entire week. Here is what it is...
    Monday
    7:00 Cup of strawberries
    10:30 Oatmeal w/2% Lowfat Milk
    1:00 Chicken w/Brocoli, Tofu, Mushrooms 1/2 cup of steamed white rice
    3:30 Low Fat Yogurt
    6:00 6-inch Turkey Sandwich (No cheese, no mayo, with lettuce, tomato, onions, salt and pepper, on wheat bread)
    Tuesday
    7:00 1 whole orange
    10:30 3 Boiled Egg Whites
    1:00 6-inch Turkey Sandwich (same as Monday's)
    3:30 Premier Protein Bar (31 grams of protein)
    6:00 Steamed Fish w/lettuce and 1/2 cup of steamed white rice
    Wednesday
    1:30 Chicken Wrap (sundried tortilla, chicken, veggies, NO CHEESE)
    6:00 Chicken w/Brocoli, Tofu, Mushrooms 1/2 cup of steamed rice
    Thursday
    7:00 1 whole orange
    10:30 3 Boiled Egg Whites
    1:00 2 Ears of Corn
    3:30 Premier Protein Bar (31 grams of protein)
    6:00 Chicken Wrap (sundried tortilla, chicken, veggies, NO CHEESE)
    Friday
    1:00 Chicken w/Brocoli, Tofu, Mushrooms 1/2 cup of steamed white rice
    6:00 BBQ chicken (No BBQ sauce or skin)
    On Saturday and Sunday, i dont have a diet plan yet, but i eat the same foods i eat above. Besides dieting, I also go to the gym about 4-5 times a week. I also do at least 20 minutes of cardio everyday. I add a good ab workout before or after cardio. My current program is:

Monday:
    10:00 8 Minute Abs
    12:00 18 minutes running on treadmill, it equals about 2 miles
    20 minutes on cross trainer (good effort)
    20 minutes on stair climber (recently added, results questionable)
    7:00 Gym time (biceps and triceps)
    Tuesday:
    9:30 Run 1 miles outside park
    4:30 Spin Class (40 mins, good effort)
    5:15 Gym time (back/shoulders)
    Wednesday:
    12:00 18 minutes running on treadmill, it equals about 2 miles
    20 minutes on cross trainer (good effort)
    20 minutes on stair climber (recently added, results questionable)
    Thursday:
    9:30 Run 1 miles outside park
    4:30 Spin Class (40 mins, good effort)
    5:15 Gym time (lower body)
    Friday:
    1:30 Gym time (chest)
    Sat: day off
    Sun: day off

Now, my question is...Is there anything I'm doing incorrectly? If you were in my shoes, what would you do or change? My body type is Endomorph. I want to look like a pretty athletic person. I want to get pretty cut...I know it will a really long time but I have to start somewhere, that is why I'm asking you guys for your advice, so I can correct my mistakes. My New Year's resolution was to get in shape and not to drink soda for the whole year...i am committed, at least I think I am. I also do not do drugs and do not drink any alcoholic beverage. I also have a protein shake after every workout. It would really mean the world to me if someone can help me fix my problems, so I can have a better chance to improve my physical and mental image. Thank you for your time.

James

^ bump up for this guy

Comment

A little more cardio wouldnt hurt. instead of 18 min. or one mile go 25-45 min 3-4 days a week. If you cant go that long drop the intensity a little of interval train. 20 min minimum. I think that would help alot. You could also try doing your cardio first thing in the morning

Comment

diet...

Hey bro... since I am natural too, and I know what you are going through with the smaller amounts of fats... I would suggest the following:

The only thing that I can start to tell you is that you shouldn't be afraid to eat food bro. I can suggest eating every 2-3 hours, as it will help boost your metabolism a bunch.

Also, try to stay away from white rice, go to the store and get yourself a nice bag of brown rice (I use diamond growers). It is a good source of complex carbs, compared to the white rice which has been sucked dry of all the good stuff.

Your meals of just yogurt are not enough. Try adding in a turkey sandwich (whole wheat bread, deli meat [none of that packaged crap], a little mustard, fat free mayo, and some fat free cheese.

Also, try lowering your sodium intake, or at least monitor it. Increased amounts of sodium retain water, and make you feel/look bloated.

Your breakfast is WAY off. Only a cup of berries? Those are only simple sugars (yes you get some antioxidants, but still). All I can suggest is EAT EAT EAT. You are starving your body... and your metabolism isn't high enough.

Since this post is really long, I'll end it here...

If you want to talk more in detail about the diet, just ask.

Comment

my diet

As I read over your diet... I noticed a bunch of stuff that you could/should change to see a greater effect...

Corn has no real nutritional value... and in general, protein bars are a crappy substitute for a meal...

Here is my current cutting diet:
          (Keep in mind, that your servings will depend on your stats, so I won't include them)

9:00am - Oatmeal
          11:00 - Turkey sandwich
          12 - Gym
          (If I need some energy, I'll throw down a powerbar mid-workout... decent amount of simple carbs, protein, and complex carbs)
          2pm - Protein shake and brown rice
          4 - Chicken breasts and brown rice
          6 - Tuna w/ little fat free mayo
          8 - Chicken breasts w/ a little BBQ sauce
          10 - Protein shake

I will change it up, and add a new food every day, to keep my body satisfied. Since I have a weakness for milk... I'll throw in a bowl of Kellog's Mini Wheats to satisfy my sweet tooth with some fat free milk. Other than that, I eat pretty clean and stay away from all the temptations in life. (That is what the winter bulk is for) :)

My workout schedule:

-Monday
          Chest
          30 mins stair climber (in my gym, we have the one where you actually climb on stairs that move)
          12-16 minutes sauna time, to deplete Na+ from sub-q

-Tuesday
          Abs
          12-16 mins sauna

-Wednesday
          Back
          30 mins cardio
          12-16 mins sauna

-Thursday
          Abs
          12-16 mins sauna

-Friday
          Shoulders
          30 mins cardio
          12-16 mins sauna

-Saturday
          Arms
          30 mins cardio
          12-16 mins sauna

-Sunday
          Legs
          12-16 mins sauna

I consider my ab days as break days, because they aren't high impact. I try to stay active everyday while I am cutting up, but during winter I'll actually take those days off, and add abs to the end of another workout.

Hope this helps you out a little bit.

myst

Comment

Working...
          X