Protein powders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein powders

Hey guys. I just joined the gym and was reading how important it is not only to have high protein during the day seeing how essential it is to our body in a number of ways. But anyway I dont wanna have to eat tuna every time i come home from lifting or grilled chicken. Im not into peanut butter fatty stuff like that to get my protein. So is there a healthy shake i can buy or the powder so i can make them at home??? What's the cost and wear can i get it at and Also what would i mix it with seeing milk is no good considering i read a post how it slows down a process our body needs to undergo in order to help our muscle out after a work out. Thx you guys

A huge jug of whey protein is about 30 dollars, mine lasts me 2 months at 2 shakes a day. Add milk during off times, and water before/after workout.

Comment

Get the Pro-rated 5lb tub of protein from Costco - only costs $19 or so.

And don't knock peanut butter - natural peanut butter (NOT Skippy or Jif) is actually good for fat reduction. I eat a tablespoon a day. I buy the Adams natural peanut butter from Costco as well - 5lb tub for $6.90 - pretty good deal, I think.

Comment

so eating the natural peanut butter wont hurt me at all ?

Comment

oops didnt mean to submit that quick but i mean i see like 17 grams of fat on 2 table spoons n all those cals im on a low fat watching carbs diet i try to get 100 a day maximum. hehe

Comment

Peanut butter is fine, just don't overdo it. I believe, as do most of us I am sure, that if you use a good protein supplement in addition to a good diet you will get more than enough. Two shakes a day should be plenty. There is no substitute for a good workout followed immediately by good nutrition.

Comment

i get 10lb bags of whey for 44.00 CAD

Comment

Blackstarlabs protein is 25$ for 5lbs. The chocolate flavor tastes awesome and makes a nice frappe with peanut butter and low carb chocolate 2% milk :)

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Incredible_Bulk
                  i get 10lb bags of whey for 44.00 CAD
                  WHERE???

Comment

yeah.... where? tell us.

Comment

I get eas whey protein from BJ's warehouse, its a store similiar to Sam's, 23$ for 96 servings....

Comment

Why not use the board sponsor, www.powernutrition.net who has the cheapest protein around, albeit it 10lbs or 5lb jugs of Optimum or Pro Rated.

Comment

Working...
                        X