My Revised Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Revised Diet

Hello again, for those who read my new training routine (found here ) you will see I promised a diet outline and I will detail that here.

First off, my basal metabolic rate is 3325 calories. This diet is pretty loose and forgiving, but I will follow it religiously. I have had some help with it, mainly reviews and got the 'all clear'. No matter how much you think you know, its always good to have a few people look over it.......

The diet will differ (adding/removing food choices) depending on the type of training Im doing that day or if Im even training that day. Obviously I wont be eating whole foods before my cardio day, but I will be eating whole foods on my training days.

Here goes:

Breakfast:

6 eggs whites (8 egg beaters on days I get called into work early)
    1/2 protein shake (75% whey/casein)
    1 cup rolled oats (cooked)
    1 table spoon fish oil
    2 green tea caps
    1 multi

*On cardio days, this will be 2 scoops Isopure in water)
    **Somedays I will add some lean ham or turkey in because I get burnt out on eggs.

Pre workout-

1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop BCAAs, 1/3 cup oats in water

**Workout** (usually about 9am)

Post workout-

44g of whey protein (SportLab or Pro Rated), 1/2 cup oats, & 1 scoop vitamin C powder.

Lunch- 2 grilled chicken breasts, 1 bowl fresh vegetables, 1 cheese stick

Lunch #2- 1 can of tuna, yams (sometimes brown rice), 1 cup unsalted, uncoated nuts, 1 table spoon fish oil, 2 green tea caps

Snack- Skinless chicken nuggets, cottage cheese, diet Code Red

Dinner- Salmon or Herring (some type of fish), 1 cup fresh vegetables (broccoli most likely), 4 egg whites.

Before bed-

12oz water, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, flax oil.

**Im sure Ill snack on some natural peanut butter, diet Vanilla Coke, sugar free jello and fat free/sugar free pudding on somedays. I also will be using this meal replacement shake on somedays to meet my required caloric intake:

15oz water
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder (3 carbs per scoop)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    2 table spoons flax or fish oil

I normally avoid mixing carbs and fats in the same meal, but Ive decided to allow it since I am trying to lean bulk and add 10lbs. This will all equal (with the addition or substraction of a few things) to 200-300 calories over my BMR (depending on the day). This is a bit sloppy for me, but I promise to stick to it. I normally weigh my food and measure it out carefully, but I think I can let that slip for 6 weeks.

My goal: 10 lean lbs in 6 weeks, without compromising a significant gain in bodyfat. Thanks to all who have reviewed this for me and any further review is appreciated.

i think that should do it, i would add a protien shake to ur before bed meal, get some more protien in and if u wake up to piss have anthor shake. although u want to gain 10lb and al lean i would still have 1 or 2 cheat meals a week to stay motivated and shock ur body alittle. maybe add in some creatine and glutamine, white creatine powder of course, also for me, i know that the basal rate is impotant and all that but if u thnk about it to much u'll fuck up at least i did, i used to interigate everything i did and i ended up thinking to much. seriously add white creatine and glutamine to ur post workout shake.

Comment

Originally posted by italiano
      i think that should do it, i would add a protien shake to ur before bed meal,
      My before bed measl IS a protein shake.

get some more protien in and if u wake up to piss have anthor shake.
      Nocturnal feeding isnt ideal, nor necessary.

although u want to gain 10lb and al lean i would still have 1 or 2 cheat meals a week to stay motivated and shock ur body alittle.
      I plan on doing so. My diet is normally very strict, so the diet soda is a cheat 'meal' for me.

maybe add in some creatine and glutamine, white creatine powder of course,
      Glutamine is 100% useless to the weight training adult and Im a creatine non-responder.

also for me, i know that the basal rate is impotant and all that but if u thnk about it to much u'll fuck up at least i did, i used to interigate everything i did and i ended up thinking to much. seriously add white creatine and glutamine to ur post workout shake.

The BMR is merely a god, not the holy grail to dieting. Its a simple formula that leads you in the right direct. Once again, glutamine is useless, it doesnt even absorb most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket

I plan on doing so. My diet is normally very strict, so the diet soda is a cheat 'meal' for me.

Remind me to teach you how to cheat. :)

Comment

Originally posted by lovetoeat
          Remind me to teach you how to cheat. :)
          Ha.. Im open to some moderate cheat meals, although I will be having this about week 4:

From VanillaGorilla

Its been awhile since I posted a recipe so I figured what the hell lets post one. Usually I try and post stuff that is healthy and goes along with our bodybuilding diets, but today's post is going to be a little different. Prepare for the worst because he it comes.

Try this meal next time your feeling a little hungry. Don't worry once a month it won't kill you. Hell you have worked so hard you probably deserve it.

Ok lets get our mis en place together. Mis en place is french for having all of your ingredients together first before you actually start cooking. So lets get on first with the steak.

Gather 2 tablespoons of chilli powder, 2 tablespoons of cayene pepper, 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, 2 tablespoons of dried basil and oregano. Get a 12oz. Rib eye steak. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Take all of the dry ingredients and combine them in a bowl, or preferably a pie pan. Now dredge the ribeye in the mixture until its fully coated all over. When thats done set a heavy bottom skillet on high heat and sear the steak for 1 minute on both sides. Don't touch the steak while searing though. Walk away for 1 minute. Flip it and sear it again for another minute. Now stick the skillet and the steak in the oven for 8 to 10 mintues for medium rare. There thats the steak recipe. Now for the sides.

Gather 5 small yukon gold potatoes, 3 tablespoons of butter, salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1/3 cup of green onions and 1/3 cup of cooked crispy bacon. Oh yeah babe, see where we are going with this. First wash the potatoes, then cut into quarters and drop into boiling water for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and set aside. Now get out a skillet and melt the butter. When the butter starts to bubble throw in the potatoes and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Take a fork and start mashing the potatoes with the back of the fork until they all gather together. Top them off with sour cream, green onions and bacon.

Last side. Get a can of artichoke hearts. You'll probably use about 4 of them from the can. Coat them in flour. FIll a pot with 3 cups of vegatable oil and deep fry until golden brown. The oil needs to be at about 350 degrees. They will take about 2 minutes to cook. When done drain on a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.

Comment

Very good diet, YJ!!

Comment

Thank you sir....

Comment

Dont worry about carbs and fat in the same meal, even while Berardi is a smart guy, hes a little off on his diet.

Comment

Originally posted by prolangtum
                  Dont worry about carbs and fat in the same meal, even while Berardi is a smart guy, hes a little off on his diet.

Not really Berardi's practice, more of something I picked up to help myself lean out.

Comment

looks awesome bro:)

Comment

Working...
                    X