Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been cutting out alot of sugar the past couple of days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been cutting out alot of sugar the past couple of days...

My senior year of high school we had a week we're we were supposed to cut out all sugar, and I didn't really do it, because most of the foods i had were full of sugar, and i wasn't aware of many substitutes like i am now.....

but i just recently tried cutting out the sugar, and I just got in from playing basketball and i literally feel dead, lol...i feel weak, tired as hell

i remember my teacher saying you would feel some way without the sugar, im not sure what she said....

is it normal to be feeling weak and tired from lack of sugar if your used to it?

try eating more complex carbs ie oatmeal, brown rice, or sweet potatoes

Comment

what are some other good complex carbs you'd recommend.....

Sweet Potatoes and Meat Loaf are the only two things that i really just flat out hate and won't eat...

Comment

and do you know off hand if regular oatmeal has sugar in....only oatmeal i have in my house is maple & brown sugar

Comment

dont eat the packaged oats. get the quaker oats in a tube. there should be no sugar, only good complex carbs.

brown rice is always good, whole wheat pasta will work (but make sure it is 100%).

cant help if you dont like sweet potatoes, i think theyre great.

also, after an intense workout, it is actually beneficial to drink some simple carbs with a post wo shake. try buying the powdered gatorade mix.

Comment

I've been eating a can of tuna after every workout for the protein

Comment

Yes bro, sugar gives you energy. I cant believe I have to explain this. When you go from having 5 cups a sugar a day to none your going to feel tired. And no, oatmeal dosent have sugar.

Comment

Like Jackal mentioned, drink some Gatorade during/after your physical activities. Also, eat a banana - its got sugar but lots of pottasium as well. You need carbs to keep energy levels up.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of gatorade for wieght training purposes. It has a lot of sodium...If you want pre/post WO simple carbs jus drink some grape juice which is high in dextrose or do what I do...just buy striaght dextrose or maltodextrin powder and mix it with your post WO protein shake. I use a 50/50 mix of dextrose and malto...comes out to around 75G with 2 scoops of whey isolate. I like this shake for pre-WO

1 cup grape juice
                  1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
                  1 tsp flax
                  25G whey

Comment

Originally posted by Cmsmallzz
                    I'm not a big fan of gatorade for wieght training purposes. It has a lot of sodium...If you want pre/post WO simple carbs jus drink some grape juice which is high in dextrose or do what I do...just buy striaght dextrose or maltodextrin powder and mix it with your post WO protein shake. I use a 50/50 mix of dextrose and malto...comes out to around 75G with 2 scoops of whey isolate. I like this shake for pre-WO

1 cup grape juice
                    1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
                    1 tsp flax
                    25G whey
                    Why are you afraid of sodium!? Do you have high blood pressure? Sodium is a vital mineral involved in rehydration and replenishing glycogen stores. Professional football teams are now being fed pickle juice during halftime. Because the high sodium levels help increase there endurance. The sodium in gatorade is there for this specific reason. I hate gatorade for the taste but sodium (unless you have a specific medical condition) should not be removed from a bodybuilders diet.

A

Comment

Working...
                    X