Milk Shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk Shake

I like my shakes with milk 1000 times better than with water, but I have heard several negative comments toward milk...that sucks, because I have always loved milk, but I have at least weaned myself from whole milk down to skim milk, which used to taste like water but since I stuck with it now it is great...my question is, since I am using skim milk, would it be OK to stick with milk, or do I need to suck it up and use water?

What are you trying to do?

Comment

stick with the milk.........besides precontest.

Comment

Originally posted by mastakillah
        stick with the milk.........besides precontest.
        I agree. It shouldnt be detrimental in yoru shakes, unless you are lactose intolerant, or you are on a contest cutting diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
          What are you trying to do?
          Trying to cut up a little right now, so I just wanted to make sure that skim milk wouldn't hurt that, and no I'm not into contests, so I am good to go there....thanks guys, I appreciate it :)

Comment

Nutrition Facts
            Serving Size 1 cup (240 ml)
            Servings Per Container About 16

Amount Per Serving
            Calories 90 Calories from Fat 0

* % Daily Value
            Total Fat 0g 0%
            Saturated Fat 0g 0%
            Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
            Monounsaturated Fat 0g
            Cholesterol <5mg 0%
            Sodium 125mg 5%
            Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%
            Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
            Sugars 12g

Protein 8g

As you can see that's just 1 cup of milk. Milks carbs isn't a good source of carbs and the sugar content is high. Added to what's already in your shake it may make it diffucult to cut like you want if you use it for more than post work out.

I'm not a nutrition expert so if there is something I said that can be tweaked or added too hopefully someone will chime in.

Comment

Working...
            X