new diet makes me feel sick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new diet makes me feel sick!

I`ve just started my high protein diet, 3 meals and 3 shakes a day spaced evenly.

Up until last monday i have eaten complete sh*t for most of my life, high fat and high sugar content has been a large part of my diet :( so i decided to start eating right and workout. problem is i`m feeling really sick eating good healthy foods, i`m sure it will level out.

did anyone else have this trouble at the start, i`m sure there has to be a natural adjustment period.

At the beginning of this year, I was placed in a position of having to eat right for the first time in my life. I can not say that I got sick though. My adjustment came through having to understand I could no longer eat just anything I wanted whenever I wanted. I did learn though, that after a period of time, that my taste buds become re-educated. Things I thought I would never enjoy actually taste good now. I still do miss a lot of the old foods I used to eat but healthy foods now actually taste good and I look forward to eating them. If you're feeling sick, I can't really give you any advice there. I would just say, continue to eat right, drink plenty of water, and exercise. I would be willing to bet that after a short while, you will start to feel better.

Comment

what are you eating exactly?

Comment

pretty much, chicken breats, mixed veg, eggs, sometimes some quorn mince, protein shakes, wholewheat bread, baked beans, rice potatoes, alpen (muesli)

this kind of stuff.
        then again i`m taking cipramil/celexa for anxiety and depression and that may be having trouble with the new diet.

Comment

thats how it is when u start a diet like that since u were not used to it. The body in time gets used to it. Hey bro make sure to take some Fish Oils or Flax Oil, u really need that too in a high protein, clean diet. The body needs the good fats.

I prefer eating all lean and clean than high fats, high proteins. My body feels better too.

Comment

cheers for the info, flax oil is on my list of stuff to get, along with some blinkers so i can walk past a mcd`s or bk and not get a whopper/big mac!

Comment

Working...
            X