Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought some protein powder...

from powernutrition.com :cool:

so far i've been putting 1 cup of 2% milk, 1/2 thing of yogurt, just the little snack pack size, and then i've dumped some fruits in there like peaches, banana's, pears, etc....then dumped a scoop of protein on top

yogurt has a good bit of sugar in it which i'm kinda concerned about but it makes the protein smoothie type thing i make more thick and just completely better....it's only about 20g of sugar probably but I'm trying to cut all the sugar out of my diet that i can...am i just paying it to much attention? My stomach is continually getting tighter and more defined since i've cut out almost all sugar...

so really my questions are...should i worry about the sugar that would be in what's listed above

i generally here you should consume a gram of protein per lb of body weight...is it okay to consume more...is there any "bad" protein....and by consuming more protein then your body weight would it increase fat at all?

any other tips on making a good protein shake would be appreciated too

i wouldnt worry about going over your protein needs...it wont turn to fat. there are no bad proteins, but different proteins do different things....whey protein, egg,meat, etc will build muscle, but other proteins like in dairy or wheat bread wont.... make sure you drink plenty of water or the protein can harm your kidneys...

The sugar may be too much for one shake bro. fruit, milk, yogurt all contain sugars... i would skip out on the yogurt and maybe cut the fruit in half....so you still taste it.

Comment

how many grams of sugar should I allow per day?

I dont know how much sugar is in a banana but i put half a banana in a blender...1 cup of 2% milk and then half a container of yogurt which roughly comes out to 1/2 a cup of yogurt which I think would be around 16g of sugar...the milk probably also is between 10 and 15g of sugar

should my target amount of sugar per day be 0g?

Comment

Working...
      X