Water intake, and Muscle gains...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water intake, and Muscle gains...

I am going to be honest, for the past while i havent been keeping up with my water intake like i should have. my diet is down rock solid though. could my lacking water be cutting down on my muscle gains somehow?

I would say so. The whole 70% water thing comes to mind. Not enough water can lead to all sorts of problems from just looking flat to the extreme of kidney failure. Certain supplements and gear can also make water intake much more critical.

Comment

Re: Water intake, and Muscle gains...

Originally posted by Slashmonay
      I am going to be honest, for the past while i havent been keeping up with my water intake like i should have. my diet is down rock solid though. could my lacking water be cutting down on my muscle gains somehow?
      yep lack of water = lack of strength. so if you are training at a sub-optimum level gains will be few and far between.

Comment

ive heard that you actually retain more water in your muscles when you drink less because your body wants to hold on to what it can get... similair to what it does with food. regardless, try to keep up your water consumption... you need it

Comment

I love this tea called Arizona Stress Tea comes in 42 oz bottles 1.16ea at gas station been drinking 4 a day.
          I its sweetened but I like using the carbs now I'm bulking.

Comment

simple carbs found in ice tea and shit are good for bulking? i thought they were just turned to fat right away...

Comment

What is the correct amount of water someone training should aim to drink in a day?

Comment

a gallon or more

Comment

well i drink 1/2 gallon during my workouts and the other half through out the day. So i basically drink a gallon a day. Even more in the hot days.

Comment

Working...
                  X