post workout shake timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post workout shake timing

right after i work out, it takes 25 mins to get home, then i gotta make a shake, think its too long? sometimes i just buy a shake there but does it matter if i wait like 30 mins before i have my shake?

Take the shake with you. Just add a few ice cubes and wrap a towel around it. Or put in small cooler.

If you must.. try drinking a carb drink before you leave the gym then the protien at home.

Or protein bars is another option.

Comment

Yeah Ryker gave some good advice here. Definately try to bring it with you if possible. Without nutrient intervention, the metabolic window begins to close within 45mins following exercise. So if you waiting 30mins with probably another 30mins before those nutrients are digested, your missing the potential anabolic effects of the hormone insulin which mucle cells are extremely sensitive to after a workout. This is why ryker is saying to at least take in some simple carbs before going home.

Comment

Oh by the way do a search for a post by Yellowjacket on pre/during/post workout nutrition. It will help you to know what your shakes should contain. I think it's in this forum.

Comment

Why don't you just put a dry protein powder in a shaker cup. After you get in your car you can mix with it with water

Comment

Heres my solution:

Take your shaker and put 1/4 of water in it, then throw it in the freezer overnight.

In the morning when your getting ready to leave, throw a scoop of protein in the shaker, along with some water (or water in it-post workout). Either way,, it will be cold and ready to consume after working out. Nothing is worse than a warm shake! ICK.

Comment

just take it with u bro, make sure that ur put it on the frige before going so it can be cool/cold. Leave it in your car, and as soon as ur out of the gym , chug it down. Thats what i do, do that or take bars with me.:)

Comment

I just put the powder in the shaker and take it with me. When i'm done with my routine, i just go to the drinking fountain and filler up, then chug away on the drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                  I just put the powder in the shaker and take it with me. When i'm done with my routine, i just go to the drinking fountain and filler up, then chug away on the drive home.

which protein u taking bro. Im using right now Solid Whey. The chocolate sux, i prefered the vanilla.

Next time im using Pro-Rated again.:drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE
                    which protein u taking bro. Im using right now Solid Whey. The chocolate sux, i prefered the vanilla.

Next time im using Pro-Rated again.:drunk:
                    The isolate/concentrate blend from allthewhey.com. Chocolate is the only flavor I can stomach. The shit mixes great though. Better than any other protein i've tried.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                      The isolate/concentrate blend from allthewhey.com. Chocolate is the only flavor I can stomach. The shit mixes great though. Better than any other protein i've tried.

is it good bro, cause in about a month my can will be empty. I say this so i can give allthewhey a shot. Its good to try different brands. So far Pro-Rated and Solid Whey Vanilla taste good.:agree:

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE
                        is it good bro, cause in about a month my can will be empty. I say this so i can give allthewhey a shot. Its good to try different brands. So far Pro-Rated and Solid Whey Vanilla taste good.:agree:
                        I was using optimum nut at first and that stuff doesn't mix as great with a shaker and isn't very good with water but great with milk. Allthewhey is a bit sweet at first, but after a while you get used to it. Works well with water. Only thing is it's a bit slimy going down. Can't beat the price though. Especially since s/h is always $5.95 no matter how much you order.

Comment

my post workout shake consists of a scoop of weight gainer and a scoop of whey, so, it wont mix with a shaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashmonay
                            my post workout shake consists of a scoop of weight gainer and a scoop of whey, so, it wont mix with a shaker.
                            Just use the whey isolate or concentrate on your way home, then you can make your weightgainer shake when you get there

Comment

Slash the purpose of weight gainer is to gain weight, right?

Well if your missing the crucial minutes right after your workout then its almost a waste.

My post workout before I leave the gym and during cool down is 3 scoops of pure isolate with sometype of juice (grape or craneberry a full 23oz) Then as soon as I get home its a bowl of oatmeal or health ceral and milk

Comment

Working...
                              X