Dietary Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dietary Help

I posted a question in the anabolic forum a few days ago asking dumbly about win. I got posted my diet and feedback telling me I was off on my diet. My purpose is to cut bodyfat without losing any mass, if not gain a little more lean mass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

meal 1: protein shake @ 115 cal

meal 2: slim fast shake @ 220 cal

Meal 3: lean cuisine @ 200 cal

meal 4: slim fast @ 220 cal

Meal 5: protein shake @ 115

meal 6: chicken breast and green vegatable @ ? cal

with this setup I am only taking in 1400 calories barely and I know that I have to be burning them off in the gym as I put in about 2 miles of cardio and lift for about 45-60 minutes yet I am still hanging around the 19-22% BF range.

oh and before I forget I am a teacher so I have enough time to drink down a shake between classes

Thanks for any forthcoming help

Noticed this came over from anabolic section. If you could, please post your stats such as height, weight, and age as well for reference. If I recall, you're a pretty big guy, and one problem may be that you're not eating enough calories, and of the right type, and your body is actually in a defensive starvation mode where it is trying to preserve its fat because it thinks it is being starved. Post your other stats so we don't have to bounce from forum to forum and I can then elaborate more.

Comment

yeah sorry about that.

HT: 6'2

WT: 225

BF: 19%

I noticed by reading the boards that the slim fasts are pure shit and really no help at all.

Comment

Re: Dietary Help

Originally posted by Megiddo
        with this setup I am only taking in 1400 calories barely
        that's your problem. you're doing too much for what your taking in and your body is hanging on to the fat for dear life.

use the sticky up top to calculate your BMR and your basic calorie intake needs. as the sticky says - take 500 cals/day down from BMR to lose and 500 cals/day up from BMR to bulk.

shoot for something like a P/C/F ratio of 50/30/20 to start.

throw the slim fast and lean cuisine stuff out! cook more chicken breasts and eat chicken, tuna, egg whites, and lean cuts of steak like eye of round.

for carbs stick with sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal (whole oats - not instant stuff).

for fats, look for fats from fish like salmon, or fats from natural peanut butter.

Comment

Thanks sana. I calculated my BMR last night and I need like 3500 calories just to function t my body weight. I also refigured my calories which came out to about 2800 or so, still too low and of those calories maybe half was good calories.

The weird part is that I am not losing a drastic amount of wiehgt but my body fat is slowly dropping, 3% from back in August so I have no clue as to what is going on.

I did today forgo my slim fasts at break and I doubled up on my morning protein shake @ 230 cal. And doing turkey breast, broccoli, and brown rice for dinner.

Thanks for all the info. I know I am definatley not ready for any gear yet

Comment

Working...
          X