using a homeade shake after workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a homeade shake after workout

Could it be ok to drink a homeade shakes after working out. This wont be for a long time, maybe a month or so, cause tight on money at the moment to afford Protein Whey. I was thinking about using this:

2 cups of milk
    1 banana
    1-2 raw eggs
    cup of chocolate ice cream
    handful of ice

Right now im trying to put on weight so i dont mind the milk and ice cream thing. Wont be doing this for long, until i get money to buy some shakes.:D

Well the only problem with this is that if you are using this for a pre or a post workout shake then it wont be good cause the fact that any fats slow the process of the protien digesting and getting into your muscles. Always use water in pre or post shakes with no fats. Try to get carbs aswell for both. I would say dont start your cycle till you get protien unless you already started.

Comment

The cabrs in a banana are essentially of no use for muscle recompensation and raw eggs ares 100% useless as they are not digested. There is a much better simple carb alternative to ice cream as well.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
        The carbs in a banana are essentially of no use for muscle recompensation.
        I've always understood that bananas are a good post or during workout carb source. I assume you're saying that they restore no glycogen to the muscles. Why is that and how can one determine where glycogen is going from certain foods? Can I find this information in any certain book?

Comment

Fruit carbohydrates are primarily fructose, which we know is the primary source of liver glycogen replacement, not muscle glycogen replacement. Granted the potassium is essential, but dont rely on a banana to have an impact on post exercise muscle recompensation.

Comment

thanx guys. Not currently on cycle or will soon but just wanted to something to take for now. Im just eating alot of foods.

Hey YJ, what do u recommend for now since im sorta broke, something homemade that will help bro.

Comment

Any protein is better than no protein. You can have a shake mix of milk powder, oats, and water. Simple, inexpensive. Or you can have a malto. or high sugar drink and 4-5 eggs or a chicken breast, albeit whey is superior, but if youre short on cash, which most of us are sometimes, these are ideal options.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
                Any protein is better than no protein. You can have a shake mix of milk powder, oats, and water. Simple, inexpensive. Or you can have a malto. or high sugar drink and 4-5 eggs or a chicken breast, albeit whey is superior, but if youre short on cash, which most of us are sometimes, these are ideal options.

thanx bro;)

Comment

Working...
                X