PRE-Workout Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRE-Workout Question

Hey, what I normally have PRE workout is 1, 6oz Chicken breast and 1/2 cup of oatmeal, could you tell me is this suffice or should I go with a scoop of Whey protein? If I should go with the whey should I take it with water or milk (again this is PRE workout)? Thanks.

i only take in the whey post workout...with water, not milk

right now i'm taking creatine pre-workout, but i'm guessing your not taking any?

the chicken breast and oatmeal should work fine for you, save the whey for right after

Comment

yes solid foods are always better preworkout, they stay down better. Plus i try to eat as mamy solid foods i can and supplement it with protein shakes, the more solid food and less shakes is a better day of eating for me.

Comment

How are solid foods better pre-workout? It mainly depends on how close to your workout we're talking. 10-15 minutes ore-workout, whey, simple carbs and some vitamin C powder is excellent. An hour pre-workout, whole foods are ideal. But the last meal you consume before you train should be liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
          How are solid foods better pre-workout? It mainly depends on how close to your workout we're talking. 10-15 minutes ore-workout, whey, simple carbs and some vitamin C powder is excellent. An hour pre-workout, whole foods are ideal. But the last meal you consume before you train should be liquid.
          do you make any posts without trying to start an argument?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor
            do you make any posts without trying to start an argument?
            Do you make any posts that are intelligent?

Comment

Hey YellowJacket thanks for the info, I am going to start taking ISS Satur8 fairly soon and it says to take 20 mins before training so would it be a good idea to drink some whey, grape juice, and take the Satur8 20 mins before I workout? And should they be mixed or seperate? Again thanks for helping.

Comment

Thank All you guys for replying to my post

Comment

Originally posted by Travers54
                  Hey YellowJacket thanks for the info, I am going to start taking ISS Satur8 fairly soon and it says to take 20 mins before training so would it be a good idea to drink some whey, grape juice, and take the Satur8 20 mins before I workout? And should they be mixed or seperate? Again thanks for helping.
                  Satur8 is great. Id drink my Satur8, wait a few minutes, then have the whey.

Comment

Do you make any posts that are intelligent?
                    i guess you can't reply without trying to ignite an argument, can you?

you should really get a life, and quit trying to pick fights with everyone

Comment

lets try to remember that we're all here to learn, not insult one another. these arguments arent beneficial to any of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor
                        i guess you can't reply without trying to ignite an argument, can you?

you should really get a life, and quit trying to pick fights with everyone
                        Theyre not much of an argument when theyre one sided, Im not even sure what youre doing here...

Comment

I agree wtih YJ, I try to have a whole meal about an hour 1/2 before workout, then 1/3 cup of oats mixed with some whey right before gym time. Then while at gym Im sipping on a whey protein, powerade mix.

Comment

I like to eat some whole food like a 1/2 hour before workout. If I drink a shake, I get hungry during my workout, therefore I need something that's gonna stay in there longer.

Comment

YJ is right... if you drink a shake right before your workout, the nutrients should hit you right as you finish your workout... which is when you want them

Comment

Working...
                              X