How I cook chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I cook chicken

I can't stand dry, grilled or baked chicken. So this is what I do. I take a saucepan (with a lid) and add about 2 cups water, 1 cup oil and my chicken seasoning. I let it get hot and add 2 1/2 lbs frozen chicken cutlets, and put the lid on the pan. About 20-25 minutes later I have moist, fully cooked chicken. Stays moist even when re-heated in the microwave.

sounds good but thats a shitload of oil... i use extra virgin so id go broke very quickly

Comment

Steamed chicken stays moist too without the oil. Takes about 5 min. to cook if you use chicken tenders. I use the steamer to steam vegetables too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
        sounds good but thats a shitload of oil... i use extra virgin so id go broke very quickly

To tell you the truth, I don't measure it out. It's probably not a cup. I just pour some in there. Maybe half a cup. I'll go with that. Half a cup..... :staypuff:

Comment

instead of water try using stewed tomatoes next time makes them really good...

Comment

Originally posted by slipshady

:hmmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
              sounds good but thats a shitload of oil...

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking. I HATE dry chicken....might have to give this a try!

Comment

I do the same thing Control. Except I have my chicken marinating in different zip lock bags saterday night so I can cook it all up sunday. Cubed chicken in ziplock bags = instant meals via micorwave.

Comment

this may sound gross, but a long time ago i used to do something similair and id actually poor the oil into a jar after and re-use it when i wanted to faux fry chicken again. i guess its not too different from re-using the oil in deep fryers

Comment

That sounds really good.

Comment

if you want to make it a little more interesting you can lightly coat them in wheat flour and pan sheer them with or without some olive or canola oil before you put them in the tomatoes..i use to use this recipe with lean turkey cutlets and it still came out tasting good...

Comment

if you want to make it a little more interesting you can lightly coat them in wheat flour and pan sheer them with or without some olive or canola oil before you put them in the tomatoes..i use to use this recipe with lean turkey cutlets and it still came out tasting good...

Too much work.

Comment

then do u just eat it plain? boiled chicken doesnt sound too great to me...if u maranate it and then boil it wont it lose its flavor

Comment

it isnt really boiled chicken you eat it with the stewed tomatoes which have been thickenend by the time your done cooking it..if not you add a little whole wheat flour to thinken. its very basic and very good.

Comment

I had an ex boyfriend who used to wrap a piece a raw bacon around the chicken breast and bake it..........he loved it and it DID look and smell great.

Comment

Working...
                              X