Organice vegetables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organice vegetables

I am about to really get my diet in check and was going to with organic vegetables. I know they cost more but money is not a problem. What are some good choices as far as vegetables go for a bulking diet?

Green veges--broccoli, green beans, spinach are really good.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
      Green veges--broccoli, green beans, spinach are really good.

agreed...I like the raw spinach for salads.

Comment

organic vegetables = waste of money IMO

any veggie is fine (while bukking or whenever)

- carrots/corn are relatively high in suger and low in nutitional value
        - dark green veggies have significant health benifits

Comment

variety is the key to a diet....while dark green veggies add a lot to a diet, there is nothing wrong with eating any type of veggie...organic will have more vitamins and nutrients per unit but regular store bought aren't deprived of all nutrition, they just have a bit less. just prepare them in a healthy way (no salt, butter, etc...)

Comment

Not quite on subject, but organic=fad to me. Just like atkins, people will relize how silly they are being.

Comment

okay thanks fellas for the insight. I'll probably just stick with regular store bought veggies since u all put it that way. Thanks again

Comment

If I could afford all organic food, I would eat all organic. I've read too much about the things applied to crops and used to fertilize crops that concern me. It's kinda like the crap fed to cattle--I buy mostly all free-range meat now so that I'm not eating animals that have eaten sick animals. If you're bored and have money to blow, read up on it--it'll scare you.

Comment

What ever makes you happy bbaddict. I don't mean that to be condasending(sp), but before we had all this info, people of the age before organic are living into there 90's+

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                    What ever makes you happy bbaddict. I don't mean that to be condasending(sp), but before we had all this info, people of the age before organic are living into there 90's+
                    The world economy and the way people got their produce and the whole crop business has also changed. The incidences of many diseases has also increased but medicine just keeps us alive now. I'd prefer to live long and healthy than just long.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                      that is not a valid arguement....people in their 90's have not lived through the majority of "the chemical" era....I would say people BORN in the late 70's and through the 80's will reap the "Benefits" of commericial food. I worked on a farm and some of the spray shit they put on the produce was nasty. weed killer, bug killer, apple thinner, etc....as I said before though...in nutrients its probably not a huge difference but there is a difference nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                        that is not a valid arguement....people in their 90's have not lived through the majority of "the chemical" era....I would say people BORN in the late 70's and through the 80's will reap the "Benefits" of commericial food.
                        :agree: The somewhat recent globalization of the world market and emergence of monster companies that can almost dictate the prices of crops have changed the way that foods are produced. This has happened primarily within the last 50yrs, but ever increasingly so. Like sc said, the real effects will be seen by our generation.
                        sc, what book did you read that scared you away from beef--and are you still not eating beef? The whole beef industry frightens me, but I have some confidence in free-range beef that is locally slaughtered, packaged and shipped.

Comment

Excuse me while I got back to my table and finish my other foot :). I still can't afford it, so I will try not to think about it :D

Comment

im with Shibby waste of money. just clever marketing and veggitarian bs. They want you to think non-organic is German engineered Nazi veggies. if you spend 3$ on a potato isnt gonna taste or be any better than the one that costs .69 cents . you could pay more or i suppose you could just wash them?

meat is another thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                              :agree: The somewhat recent globalization of the world market and emergence of monster companies that can almost dictate the prices of crops have changed the way that foods are produced. This has happened primarily within the last 50yrs, but ever increasingly so. Like sc said, the real effects will be seen by our generation.
                              sc, what book did you read that scared you away from beef--and are you still not eating beef? The whole beef industry frightens me, but I have some confidence in free-range beef that is locally slaughtered, packaged and shipped.
                              once in a great while I will have a burger out at a restaurant but we don't buy beef anymore...I can't remember the name of the book but it has to do with the history of CKJ disease...pretty nasty.

Comment

Working...
                              X