steel cut oats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steel cut oats

i just recently realized that they are much better 4me than regular instant oatmeal and i was about to buy lbs in bulk im wondering the difference in taste, texture(they look like rocks) and cooking thanks

Rolled oats are also better than instant oatmeal and they taste better and have a better texture, IMO. I usually cook steel cut oats about 50% longer than rolled oats. They have have a kind of gritty texture but they don't taste badly--they just don't have much taste. If you dress them up like you would oatmeal with splenda and/or cinnamon, they're not so bad--or just eat them and deal with it.

Comment

I forget who posted it but every morning now I put a cup of oats, a cup of skim milk and a scoop of chocolate protein powder in the blender for a bit. Then you just drink the whole thing and you dont have to worry about cooking it.

Comment

thanx guys

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
          I forget who posted it but every morning now I put a cup of oats, a cup of skim milk and a scoop of chocolate protein powder in the blender for a bit. Then you just drink the whole thing and you dont have to worry about cooking it.
          yes i love that shake.
          2 scoops iso pure chocolate whey protein (50grams)
          1/3 cup rolled oats
          1 bananna
          1 table spoon flax oil
          1 table spoon natty peanutbutter
          8-10oz non fat milk
          yellowjacket gave me that idea about 2 years ago and ive been drinkin them every morning since. along with 6 egg whites and 2 whole eggs not in the shake of coarse

Comment

Working...
          X